Subject Author Posted Replies

Viscosity Cups? Swing, Nailshooter?
While we're on the subject.... do you guys use the viscosity cups that come with HVLP guns? Do you know of a good resource explaining their proper use? Many of the sources I've seen on the internet...
4
4

Any carpenters here? (installing a handrail)
This is not really a woodworking question, but I figure someone here can answer it. My Dad is 92 and needs to grab onto things to climb the stairs. But for a short section of the stairway in their...
48
48

Ping Lew
In a couple of posts, Lew, you referenced your boat. Sail or power? I use d to sail the Chesapeake in a 32' Beneteau until we moved to Wisconsin. Ha ulers wanted nearly 5K to move it and we weren't...
8
8

Gluing reclaimed redwood
I lucked into a piece of old-growth redwood reclaimed from an old water tank. I made one piece of furniture out of it, and have a bit left which I'd like to use for a second piece. However, there...
6
6

Stain Question
A friend is trying to stain his own kitchen cabinets. (His family bailed out on him.) He is using a Minwax polyurethane stain which is going on ok on the flat sections but bulking up in corners and...
7
7

A woodworking tip
As you know marking wood with a pencil has it's drawbacks particularly when using a heavily grained wood like oak or a dark wood like walnut. The pencil mark is difficult to see at best. A few years...
13
13

How many clamps?
I've got the basic boxes of two of my bookcases built, stained and finished (inside surfaces only; the outsides of these won't show). Looking forward to the face frames, I wondered how far apart to...
6
6

Little OT: 8' truck bed going away
This is a little off-topic of woodworking, but I thought I would ask. I've had a long-bed (8') dodge pickup for many years. Now I'm in the market for a new truck with an 8" bed. This is to mainly haul...
61
61

OT: Electrical
Anyone know what the code in NC is for outlet spacing in a garage? I want = to add another circuit (15A 120V)and the easiest for me is to drop straight= down below the breaker panel. Problem is I have...
18
18

10 x 27 Delta Extension wings For Sale
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/tls/3600178714.html

NOT a painter .. ping: Nailshooter, et al
Not a "painter", don't play one on TV, and can only be reasonably certain about one color, "Black" ... sometimes. Looking for input: I need to paint a poplar/birch ply, 3' x 4' "Presentation Plaque"...
43
43

What is it? Set 479
A new set has been posted: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
11
11

Kreg's New Universal Head Screws.
Had a similar experience. My square drive bits don't seem to seat as well in the new screws. Actually, I like McFeeley's a lot better. As long as we're talking pocket holes, why is coarse thread...
20
20

RE: O/T: Retired Health Message
Enjoy Lew ---------------------------------------------------- As I was lying in bed pondering the problems of the world, I rapidly realized that I don't really give a rat's hiney. It's the tortoise...
3
3

OT: This little girl appears to have potential!
4
4