Subject Author Posted Replies

How does a fine woodworker change a lightbulb?
http://shar.es/dEFJW
49
49

Confusion on wood restoration methods
Short story: There seems to be a lot of different ways to restore a wooden chair. "Use stripper", "Never use stripper", "Use sandpaper", "Don't use sandpaper, use steelwool", "No, don't use any...
7
7

Q-Line Furniture
I stumbled upon this site today. Thought I would post just in case someone hasn't seen it before. Website: http://www.qlinedesign.com/ Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/QLineDesign Possibly the...
2
2

Ideas for mending this chair rail?
That square rail should be easy to replace, rather than repair, for max fix . If it broke during heavy use, the end dowels may be loose, maybe broken . Lap jointing 2 rail halves, for a whole new...
13
13

RE: O/T: They Are Alive
An 18 year old female and a 19 year old male went hiking Easter Sunday. NBD, but they got lost and their cell phones went dead. Search & Rescue kicked in on Monday (helicopters, dogs, boots on the...

What is it? Set 487
I need some help with the first and last items in this set: Rob What is it?
10
10

Test for PT wood
The only "home test" I know of is the taste test... Arsenic poisoning causes a metallic taste in the mouth, excessive saliva production and problems swallowing. If you experience these symptoms it's...
1
1

Specialty Door Revisited
On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 15:49:34 -0700 (PDT), Sonny Cute. Think you should add a mini-mailbox with the name A.Squirrel printed on it.
9
9

Link to photos of Showcase winners
Makes it stand out though. The breadboard ends, the flair of the stiles and even the cutouts on the door project an oriental flair.
5
5

Office Desk is F I N I S H E D, whew!
Spectacularly taking the genre up a dozen more notches!
77
77

Termite Free Wood
very practical thing to do is to hire a pest control company..you might need them for a long time, given the fact that yours is termite infested place. that's when you invest in good quality wood and...
6
6

Drawer finishing
------------------------------------------------------- Drawer Fronts: As spec'd to match balance of exterior. Balance of drawer carcass: Two (2) coats of 1# shellac to seal surfaces. Lew
10
10

Basswood for cabinets?
Anyone used basswood to make cabinet doors? How does it compare to ewp? to popar? Is it expensive? I was in a shop last week that used it and touted the stability of it. I've no experience myself, so...
4
4

Vacuum question
------------------------------------------------------ You won't get there from here. A Shop-Vac just doesn't have the horses. What you have to factor in is the line drop of the 25' hose as well as...
12
12

Spider Vise
Just checked out Lee Valley's "new product." It looks like it might actually work and be useful at times. Wonder if it would hold something steady enough to plane it? Maybe if we try adding enough of...
4
4