Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Murphy's other laws
MURPHY'S OTHER 15 LAWS 1. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. 2. A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well. 3. He...
8
8

OT Now who could not have seen this coming!
I really suprised that there was violence as most dopers are really kind'a melloooooow maaaannnnnnn. DENVER (AP) — Authorities are hunting for suspects after shooting broke out during a massive...
2
2

Thinking of you buddy
Thanks again Rob (Robatoy AKA countertop guy), just used the shelf you made us a couple years ago, made me think of you, and inspired me to post this time.
2
2

Ping Doug Miller
Saw this and thought it might give you some ideas. If you know German I will probably be more interesting.
19
19

The New Table Saw Purchasing Process Update
OK, I have for sure placed the SawStop on order and expect it to be delivered early to middle next week. The local WoodCraft stores do not stock the industrial saws and come directly from SawStop in...
12
12

The famous disappearing glue trick
In my ongoing effort to ask every basic woodworking question possible, I submit the following puzzler: I glued up another bookcase last night. Again it was 5 shelves in dadoes, made of ply that I had...
1
1

Preserving tung oil in the can
I use LV polymerized tung oil sealer on some of my turned bowls to bring out the grain before finishing with my usual finish. It works great on sweetgum and chinaberry, dries overnight and is ready to...
8
8

KV undermount
I tried the Blum undermount for a drawer that I had planes in. It was nice, but expensive. I am now thinking it would be nice to use the KV undermounts on my desk that I am making. They seem nice too...
8
8

New to Sketchup
If any of you are still looking for instruction, American Woodworker had just jumped on board and will be posting about 4 times a week. The link below takes you to the first post.
27
27

uniclic
anyone know how to form a uniclic profile on the cut end of engineered hardwood or stranded bamboo flooring? Does not need to have the full clic, but needs to fit - for right angle joint where I need...
10
10

casters
I have some large machines to move around and am going to build some heavy duty dollies. While looking for casters, I found these folks. I ordered a dozen of these, should do the job and they are...
7
7

Advice still on rail and stile mirror
I am going to start on it this weekend. Wife has a hard time seeing a piece of wood as to what it will look like after everything is done with it. First comment when she saw my 3/4 inch 2.5 inch wide...
3
3

What is it? Set 489
I have the answers for the first and fifth items this week, I need help on the other four: Rob
34
34

RE: O/T: Hellmanns Mayonnaise - A Bit Of History
Enjoy Lew ------------------------------------------------------------------ Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was...
1
1

OT Social Security
IN THE US: What would a person, who retired at the maximum Social Security benefit in 1969, be receiving as his benefit today? Yes I realize this is slightly of topic but there are a lot of people...
10
10