Subject Author Posted Replies

Quick review -- Incra box joint jig
opportunity for operator error. My test joints were a tad loose, but the spacer is adjustable in 0.001 increments and with a bit of fiddling was able to create snug-fitting joints. Good attention to...
1
1

Full Size Two Person Chair Glider Plans Needed
needs full size plans which I have not been able to find. If anyone knows of a place please let me know. Thanks Find me one link that has full size plans would be much appreciated. I have tried. Lots...
3
3

For Lew and other big boat lovers
Here at Trending Now, we'd be remiss if we did not bring viral videos to your attention on a regular basis. It's part of our job, and we love doing it. The latest one to capture not only our attention...

Table top "ends"
As other have said, perhaps there is no sealing sufficient enough to stop movement. If there was a top coat that stopped expansion and contraction of wood, we'd surely see raised panel doors that were...
25
25

Anvil's
Was picking up some moisture filters for the compressor I rebuilt. Finally saw the 15 lb cast iron anvil at HF ... they haven't had them in stock. Always wanted a place to bang metal w/o ruining my...
14
14

Makita 2012nb planer wont start
I just got my new planer today and used it on 2 boards worked great but shut it off raised the cutter's up as far as they would go to see just how thick of stock it would handle, pluged it back in...
2
2

Plane Technique
When attempting to plane a board to a consistent thickness, the end 6" or so of the board tends to get cut down fastest. I'm sure it's a technique issue, but what am I doing to cause this? Too much...
9
9

OT But it is slow here
This was brought to my attention by Matthias Wandel, they guy that does a lot of wooden gears. We were discussing glass a few weeks back and this is a pretty interesting video on glass, in particular...
3
3

A Gardening Project
I often do small projects for various folks or interests. Recently, the lo cal Master Gardeners asked if I would make a dozen vertical planter boxes f or their pending fall fund raiser. They've been...
6
6

RE: O/T: It's What You Scatter
Since it has been a slow day. Enjoy Lew ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I was at the corner grocery store buying some early potatoes... I noticed a small...
3
3

Good for a laugh!
Try not to spray your screen at about 5:42 into the video. I wonder if he has yet noticed that his results are an inherent result of using the work bench surface for indexing the plate joiner? And...
8
8

Anyone think they can duplicate this desk?
Too cool! Apparently made hundreds of years ago in Germany. though, I'm uncertain.
11
11

Sawstop. anyone?
After Leon's recent Sawstop adventure, those who may wish to follow that path might want to take a look at the IRS auction in Amherst, MA. If I read the notice correctly, there are five in this...
2
2

magnetic blade angle detector
I recently bought digital angle guage that magnetically attaches to my tablesaw blade. It detects the angle of the blade cut. My question is whether it actually measures the angle in relationship to...
11
11

OT: Volume
Is it just the fact that summer is here, or has another bunch of ISPs dropped Usenet? Volume here has dropped quite a bit over the last month or two. I don't remember a similar summer drop in past...
11
11