Subject Author Posted Replies

Cummins Wood Lathe
Came home from an auction with a clean looking Cummins Benchtop Wood Lathe, model #3253 (1/2 HP, 40" between centers, 14" swing) for $25. After reading some reviews, I'm not sure whether I got a good...
14
14

RE: Mallet
See pic on ABPW Lew
4
4

Wood automobile Morgan Aero 8
The Science Channel is doing a How Its Made on Dream Cars I watched the Morgan Aero 8 being built from aluminum and ash. It is going to repeat a few times so check your local listings for other times...
10
10

Today
Our drummer came by this morning to put his gear in my garage for a few days while he swaps one car for another. This is the fellow who lost a fingertip to a table saw about six weeks ago, by the way....
2
2

Ping Bill
Was coming back from Chicago Saturday, drove through Indianapolis about 4:00pm and there was a fire you could see the smoke from 30 miles away. What the heck burned up? This trip was marked with fire,...
1
1

Did I do good?
Coming home from work last night, I noticed a really tatty sign on the roadside saying "Hardwood sale". It was too late to call in then so I went this morning to see what was what. It turns out that...
12
12

Groz vise
Next project is a new bench. Any thoughts on the Groz DQ-11? CL has one NIB for $85.
1
1

PLANS NEEDED TO BUILD AN OUT HOUSE.
I am seeking plans to build and out house for my yard to store firewood inside,NOT to use! if anybody has a good set of plans please let me know. Thanks-
23
23

Woodworker interrogated by Secret Service
That's one of the 'How's that hopey, changey thing working out for you?' questions Sarah Palin keeps asking her audiences.
22
22

My Workshop Prep. Project
"Bill" wrote > Thank you. Your idea sounds good. Does anyone else think it makes Final coat on ceiling of zinz 123 stain blocker, and walls too. Reason, like someone else mentioned, it is a bit glossy...
17
17

Jewelry armoire
The armoire is done. Pix at: I'm very grateful to all who responded to my inquiry about rattle-can lacquer. After considering the learning curve and all the ways I could screw up a nice project, I...
8
8

What is it? Set 497
I will not be posting the answers until this weekend and I'm not sure if I'll have access to a computer over the next few days. This week's set can be seen here: Rob
14
14

Recommendations for Corded Drill
Yes it will!
23
23

Any tips please for timber & finish.
A very good friend of mine has a small 60yo sailing boat that she and her brother have spent the last 4 years restoring. Pretty much completed now except the frilly curtains. 26ft, I think. That's the...
7
7

OT: if you love Spitfires or other WWII airplanes.
Nice story, very good memory... In 2005, an 83 year-old World War II pilot is surprised to see 16mm footage of his 1944 Spitfire crash for the first time. SPITFIRE 944 was put on YouTube as part of...
2
2