Subject Author Posted Replies

Portland Looking for a Manly Man...
Got a laugh out of this one. Portlandia skit, starring Fred Armisen
2
2

Paint questions
Over the long weekend I primed the inside of the shop, two coats of PVA primer/sealer that had been tinted white. This caused a stir at Lowes, apparently no one had ever requested the already white...
23
23

Coloured T-Locs
For all you Festool zealots out there who have a garage full collection of Systainers. You can now buy coloured T-Locs so you can colour coordinate them. Woodworking Hand & Power Tools & Accessories...
2
2

Paint day
I designated tomorrow as my day to paint the shop (using Zinnser 123 (interior) White). As I was doing my final prep tonight, cleaning and covering, I realized I wanted to paint the inside of the door...
14
14

For The Gardener In Your Family
A suggestion for your scrap wood use: Vertical Planters The local Master Gardeners ask me to make some vertical planters for their fall fund raiser. These might be a nice gift idea for the gardener in...

Ping Leon - Sawstop problem?
Just saw this on Lumberjocks. The guy claims that the arbor doesn't return to the same spot after a force is applied from the side. A reason for concern in my opinion. Although a side force isn't...
23
23

Hot dog!
Bill wrote in news: Lowes does too... but it's a little odd. You can buy a 10' pipe and have it cut and threaded for approximately what a 2' or 4' prethreaded pipe costs. (I don't remember the exact...
12
12

What is it? Set 500
I need some help with the second item this week: Rob
27
27

OT, Looks like the 4th is going to be soggy.
Rain forecast for all night tonight, all day tomorrow and all day Sat. Not to be put out, I covered the smoker with sheet metal and put the Boston butts(does this term survive the PC crowd?) on...
5
5

Hardwood identification.
Hello all, Recently I bought some mysteriously titled "Red Hardwood" to renovate a garden bench. Does anyone have any idea what it might be?! Small block, oiled: Unfinished: Thanks, David Paste.
15
15

Basic screw questions.
(In the spirit of "It's better to ask a stupid question than to make a stupid mistake...) These two screws are both sold as 4mm: (links to four pictures, showing measurements on digital caliper of...
6
6

O/T: GUN CONFISCATION IN CANADA! (fixed broken link)
Unbelievable, RCMP comes into your own home, takes your property, then demands proof of ownership to get it back. This principle was predicted in Canada years ago, and the Canadian government has not...
27
27

How to hold a 1" OD x 2" long dowel in a drill?
How to hold a 1" OD x 2" long dowel in a drill? Would it fit snugly inside of a 1 inch hole cutter? How else can you hold a 1 inch diameter dowel in the jaws of a 1/2 inch chuck drill? Thanks.
22
22

O/T: GUN CONFISCATION IN CANADA!
Unbelievable, RCMP comes into your own home, takes your property, then demands proof of ownership to get it back. This principle was predicted in Canada years ago, and the Canadian government has not...

State of Arizona
Being a rightpondian, I don't get US news too quickly. Have been reading of the terrible happenings in AZ. My prayers go out to all those brave people that have lost their lives. Also to their loved...
1
1