Subject Author Posted Replies

Sears 10" bandsaw
Model 124.214000, identical to the Rikon 10" saw also carried by Sears, but $170 instead of $220. Turns out to be a decent machine for the price. Tr acked perfectly right out of the box. Blade guides...
6
6

25 year old Craftman 10 in 2HP table saw is smoking
Not too much and no smell, but it looks like the motor is about to go. What are my options? I hate to say good-bye to an old friend. Mike
46
46

TV Wall complete
The TV wall is now complete. Next step is to build the lower console. Top completed | Flickrlcb11211 | Flickr
29
29

Any suggestions on floating shelving?
I have been tasked to make shelving in a clients home and they want floating shelving. I have DAGS and found a few cool ideas but I was wondering if you fellas had some experience with something that...
5
5

If you're a geezer, you will do well.
of course it helps if you liked the music of the era... Doo Wop Quiz Answers at bottom Don't cheat, now....You Will Love This One. 1. When did ''Little Suzie'' finally wake up? (a) The movie's over,...
1
1

What is it? Set 509
I need some help with 2966 and 2968 this week: The larger images can also be seen here: Rob What is it?
18
18

Router table safety
Here's Pat's reply: You won't like this, if dropping the work on a hot router-table cutter was acceptable. With a work piece that small it has to be fixtured. In this fixture, the work has to be...
22
22

how to replace a drive belt on charnwood w614 benchsaw ?
how to replace the drive belt on a charnwood w614 benchsaw ?
3
3

Scroll saw -- last word
So I bought the 1940s Craftsman after taking it for a test drive. No vibra tion and, with the exception of a power cord plug that can stand replacing, seems in great condition. Here's the kicker: The...
1
1

Segmented Walnut and Maple Bowl
So that's what happened to the Invisible Man. Larry
9
9

Panel Closet Doors
I built a closet upstairs in my bungalow home. It's on one side with a four foot knee wall and the rest of the wall angles towards center, as most bungalows do. Therefore, I built the closets with a...
6
6

The TV wall Project
Work has begun. I sized the panels so that they will have a 2" border/gap between themselves and the side walls in the nook. I frog taped before cutting before I cut so that I will have a perfectly...
4
4

Scroll saw, Part II
Thanks for the input on my earlier post. I'm going to look at this one tomorrow: It's a Craftsman, vintage 1940s. Owner says it weighs about 100 pounds and is almost vibration free. I'll run some 6/4...
14
14

Towards precision in routing
If you know any router-hacks, then you may wish to direct them to this page: I just stumbled upon it in my reading, and thought it was interesting. Bill WebHost4Life
4
4

Ryobi miter saw (TS1343L) has no lock plate?
It's mentioned about a dozen times in the manual but it's not shown in the figures.
3
3