Subject Author Posted Replies

Menards
Menards just opened in our area, so went to look at their shed doors. Unfortunately they are not kept in stock and take 4-6 weeks to receive. They are foam core insulated steel doors (2), pre-hung on...
22
22

Mini gloat
I picked up these 5 Bessey corner clamps for 50 bucks yesterday. I figure 10 bucks a piece was a pretty good deal, not great but better than retail
15
15

Hand plane rust
I read on a message board where someone suggested using a combination lacquer/paint thinner on hand planes to keep away the rust. Has any one used or tried this? Any thoughts about this approach? Mike
11
11

How to slightly enlarge a bench dog hole
I made a workbench from some gluelams I got for free. It is quite substantial, being about 5 inches thick; very solid. I drilled some bench dog holes in it, and then I bought a holdfast....
15
15

Delivery notice (maybe OT?)
Many of us buy some materials and tools mail order. Most shippers will send you a tracking number so you know when it will arrive. Did you also know you can get a delivery notice from UPS and Fed Ex...
13
13

Forstner lube
I'm boring into some hard end grain using a pretty big forstner bit. This is on a lathe at a pretty low speed. Lot of smoke and heat with the first 1/4 inch, so I thought I'd stop and ask if I should...
5
5

Old Delta/Rockwell bandsaw - bearing lubrication?
I picked up an old Delta/Rockwell 10" bandsaw a while ago (model 28-113) for peanuts - I don't think this model was ever considered particularly good (it's got the plastic wheels), but it'd be OK for...
10
10

Groz clamp deal at Woodcraft
Has anybody bitten on this deal yet?: I bought a set of these the other day, and I just went back and got another. It looks to me like Groz may have bought the tooling from Bessey for the old-style...
3
3

Circular Saw
Trying to finish the shop roof and my Craftsman saw quit. Searched for com parison studies and found this: The Craftsman, they noted, is what I have, 1 yr old. I assume, either the switch quit or the...
14
14

OT: Advertising
As inundated as we are with advertising (especially, for those of us that consume a decent amount of multi-media), I thought this was an interesting article. Depending on how many brands of power...
2
2

power feeds
Has anyone come across an article that compares and contrasts various power feeds across various applications? Of particular interest is the use of power feeds on shapers (3 HP), table saws (3 HP),...
14
14

Park Bench Quandry
My other half's grandmother finally had to move into an assisted facility. She is in the process of selling her home and is giving some things to the family. One item we got is a cast iron...
6
6

What is it? Set 514
This week's set has been posted: Rob What is it?
32
32

Patternmaker's rasps
Folks, I am need of a Patternmaker's rasp(s) as I'm trying to complete a rocking chair. I need to feather in the edges of the joints (arms to seat, legs to seat, legs to rockers). I am looking at the...
9
9

Sometimes short clamps can replace long ones.
For the third time this year I have needed 2~3 clamps that are 8 feet long. I have been perfecting a method of clamping rails to the ends of long plywood panels without the need of long clamps. One...
47
47