Subject Author Posted Replies

How about those add-on Wixey height gauges
A digital height guage for my planer and my router lift would be really nice if its repeatable. Wixey makes add-on guages for both applications. Does anyone have experience with either? Thanks, Bob
15
15

Ping Leon: You OK?
We haven't heard from you in a couple of days. I hope the weather hasn't impacted you too severely. Let us know.
34
34

Wixey laser crosshair for drill press
Has anyone used a Wixey laser cross hair adaptor for a drill press? I can buy one at Rockler for $37.50 or buy a new powermatic drill press for $1500 or do nothing. Bob
20
20

Strong enough?
is not a finished design. It's intended to be a bench to sit on while you take your boots off, with a storage shelf for the boots, or possibly for boxes/baskets. My question is, will it be strong...
14
14

Making a box
Imagine the video took longer than the actual woodwork in making this box.
5
5

Another way to attach an auxiliary fence to Biesemeyer style table saw fence, including SawStop T-Glide
There are lots of ways to clamp on an auxiliary fence, but I wanted a more direct solution, so tried this. 1. Remove T-Glide fence plate 2. Mount T-nuts from the inside of fence plate 3. Bolt on any...
3
3

Transparent Wood
Bob McDonald's blog: A simple backyard procedure results in see-through wood with enormous potential as a building material. Bob McDonald's blog: A simple backyard procedure results in see-through...
28
28

Clip-on Infeed Support for Table Saw
Built this clip-on infeed support, and found it to be very handy when using sleds, , to stop the sled falling off the front of table saw. It provides most of the benefits of an infeed table, and still...
56
56

in-the-rough
I like wood as much as the next guy ; even, occasionally, for certain things - the rough look or live edge ... but .. but .. : Uugghh ... John T.
2
2

OT wire wheel/grinder
I was looking at the local auction and this homemade grinder & stand caught my eye - link below - ... but I wasn't sure if the motor was sufficient .. ? John T.
7
7

OT: Snowblowers
Went out to blow snow and, as usual, the damned belt is off the damned snowblower. It's an Ariens, it's not old, and this is a known problem with the model. I've tried all the reasonable fixes that I...
18
18

Utility Workbench Recipe
Ingredients: Three 4"x4"x96" Douglas Fir Two 2"x4"x96" Douglas Fir Two 2"x6"x96" Douglas Fir One 48"x96"x3/4" Shop Maple Plywood 24 5/16"x4" carriage bolts 24 5/16" washers 24 5/16" hex nuts Milling...
3
3

Workbench Height - At the Wrist. Good Idea?
I've been doing some reading about the proper workbench height. A lot of sources say that for "general work" the proper height is right at the wrist level of the user. Adjustments are made from there...
113
113

another mystery tool
Another curiosity at a local auction : John T. tool belt and primitive tool for auction. Online only auction of antiques primitives; collectibles; household effects; and much more.
7
7

Who Is Willing To Make This Cut?
Does this picture make anyone besides me just a bit queasy? was accompanied with the following text: "Attach a stop with a clamp at 7 in. along the miter gauge to get consistent cuts." I think I'll...
42
42