Subject Author Posted Replies

Edge Sanding
So, I have built hundreds of cabinet doors. AND edge sanding is a RPIA. It is time consuming and relatively inaccurate at best. So 10 or so years ago I decided a stationary edge sander might be the...
17
17

Cutting Vinyl Flooring - I Thought I Destroyed My Bandsaw
In a previous thread, I posted about the mess that results when you cut vinyl flooring/trim/etc. with power tools. Over the past 2 evenings I made that mess while cutting some flooring for a basement...
8
8

Seniour Adult Chair
Thank all ! My interest is in a plan however, commercial offerings are seriously considered. More suggestions are welcome. P.S. newsgroup REPLY would not work so I had to send a new Composition. Using...
1
1

Micro Adjustment of Table Saw Fence in increments as small as 0.001 inch. Demonstrated on SawStop T-Glide
Moving a table saw fence by very small amounts can be hit and miss. With a dial indicator at the right location on the fence, I found it is easy to tap the fence and move it by 0.001 inch at a time....
12
12

Senior Adult Chair
Please point me to plans for an adult senior chair. Or if commercially available fabricated or kit, links please. Need the following: suggest a wood species. strong but light. i.e. no heavy woodwork....
8
8

Nifty desk
I'd like to build something like this. you take the time to scroll down there is a nifty box joint way down near the bottom too.
7
7

pondering drafting and other "old techs"
Greetings Was pondering the whole "it is good to learn the manual skills first" school of thought, and made the analogy to writing vs keyboarding. Not a smart statement to make in the hearing of an...
26
26

Shop Smith equipment Selling everything
Have from Vacuum to Jig saw, one of about everything of Shop Smith, including the clock. Need to sell everything, been in a/c shop.
2
2

A versatile and precise miter sled
My old sleds did not fit on new table saw, so I gave my old sleds to the guy who bought the old saw, and set out to make new sleds. Did some research on best practices in table saw sled construction,...

electric brad nailers was bits for a Yankee push drill?
on Thu, 25 Feb 2021 15:18:37 -0500 typed in rec.woodworking the following: Main issue with them I have found is that most don't have the "heft" to hold still when you drive a brad / staple. That is,...
1
1

book on doing tech drawings
Anyone knows a book on doing drawings? Like tech stuff, it can be a room but also an object like a nail puller or whatever, I.e., a book that attempts to help the reader teach him/herself doing it......
110
110

photos + blog posts from tree house
photos + blog posts from tree house: :) keep it real Blodstensskogen Tree House. The tree house in Blodstensskogen, Uppsala, Sweden. Kojan i Blodstensskogen, Eriksberg, Uppsala. blink'a'log. Photo...

bits for a Yankee push drill?
Garrett Wade used to sell them, and still has a page at their website, but nothing left in stock. Any one else supply them or do I have to scrounge around ebay for used ones? Mostly I'm interested in...
19
19

Anti-Static Spray For Cutting Vinyl?
Anyone that has cut vinyl trim or vinyl plank flooring with a power tool knows how much of a mess it makes. Little shards of vinyl cover everything from your clothes to your tools to the walls of your...
6
6

Local Texas Hill Country Young Woman Doing Well
A few years back I mentioned a yogrn woman, late 20's, that had a pretty good YouTube channel. She started out really basic and was showing her little DIY shop in her home. Simple projects like the...
2
2