Subject Author Posted Replies

The CD Shelves: Done
Simple, compared with some of the projects I've seen from you folks, but I'm very pleased with how it came out. My wife is too, enough so that she has requested some kitchen shelf units.
13
13

Sub freezing temps and shop supplies
I have a shop and a paint room that I don't usually keep under climate control other than being attached to the house. So, what to bring in, and what to leave out? So far, I've brought in all the...
20
20

OT,Another of the Great Generation gone(long)
My FIL passed away New Years day, another of the Greatest Generation, that did not know the meaning of "quit" or "couldn't". The article below says he was a light machine gunner, but he was much more,...
8
8

RE: O/T: Damn Cigarettes
Phil Everly, (The Everly Brothers), cashed in his hand at 74. Damn cigarettes claimed another one. Lew
47
47

Hardwood floor
I'm in the hunt for hardwood floors and trying to stay within a specific price range. I have oak floors on my first floor and normally, would stick with the same for the upstairs project. I ran across...
10
10

Tight Screws
One of the things that I detest is stitching out the router table plates on my router table. Bench Dog brand and a large Triton router hanging under it. The plate that I use 95% of the time is some...
13
13

Please recamend a spray finish system
I need to spray lacquers and clear coats on stained cherry plywood speaker cabinets and I need a pro furniture grade finish. Any suggestions for an hvlp spray rig under 600.00? or is this impossible?
5
5

Using milescraft router pattern maker
I want for make a lot of 4 inch square blocks for the corners of door and window trim. I don't care for the typical rosettes you can buy in the big box stores. I want something a bit more unique for...
6
6

Wood for roof cupola
What wood is the best for outside roof cupola? The cupola will be painted white.
4
4

Carriage wheels
My wife and daughter perform in a community theater group. The group has decided on "Oklahoma!" for this summer's production. The biggest set construction challenge will be the surrey, specifically...
14
14

Counter Sink Bit
I already have a couple of those Craftsman combocounter sink bits (i.e. with a drill bit) that came with a drill bit set, but I was looking for a decent counter sink bit by itself, for wood (and...
34
34

Question about Finger Joint and Box Joint Bits
I'm planning on the purchase of a finger joint and/or box joint bit. I was wondering about the re-adjustment of these bits to rout the matching joint. I'm thinking that I could create a matched set of...
10
10

OT: US plywood facing "unfair" foreign competition
How do you call this one? Should a home-builder have to pay higher price for non-imported plywood? http://www.cnbc.com/id/101306473
2
2

What is it? Set 526
I need some help with 3067 and 3070 in this set: Larger images: Rob What is it?
50
50

Gave myself a New Year present...
I took the time today to sharpen the knives on my DJ-20 jointer... They've needed it for quite a while but I never seemed to have time to do that and use it so using it took priority! I put a drop of...
13
13