Subject Author Posted Replies

Talk to me about templates, routers and double-stick tape
I have started on a project that will require some curved cuts. I have neither a band saw nor a drum sander. I plan to cut near the curve with a jigsaw and finish up with a template (maybe plexi) and...
59
59

Jet drum sander
I've got a Jet 10-20 drum sander. I've had it and used it for several years. Today I used it for the first time since we moved and discovered a strange problem. I was thicknessing some maple boards by...
5
5

Chainsaw recommendations
I have infrequent need for a chainsaw and have a little McCullough electric that does OK. There are a couple of trees down in the back too remote for the electric and I'd like to have a gas saw to...
26
26

Foundation repair....wood work....?
On
14
14

Need blade dimension
What is the actual dimension of the blades in the model 351.233831 planer. I cannot find any but can have a set made. To the best I can figure, the blades are 1/8"thick X 11/16"wide X 12 1/2" lg. If...
13
13

What is it? Set 533
I need some help with the last item this week, number 3114: Larger images: Rob What is it?
21
21

Leigh jig on auction
This one closes shortly, but could be a good steal for someone: Larry

Totally OT But Shockingly Truthful
?v=552415594854617
1
1

For Sale: Festool HL 850 E Planer, Bench Unit and Accessories
Posted on This Forum is for Members to buy, sell, trade or request woodworking related items. Show links to interesting items on Kijiji or other sites as well.

F'd up ply
Just pulled a sheet of ply I had laying around. Made in Canada by Columbia.. From the cut I made the thickness varies in the piece by 1/32. I have not seen that b4. I cut it, it's supposed to fit in a...
33
33

Gibson guitars made of wood seized in raids are sold out
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-gibson-guitar-20140215 The Les Paul, Explorer, SG and Flying V guitars have fingerboards made of wood seized in Gibson factory raids and...
44
44

Make a Mallet (Shopnotes)
I made a mallet (deadblow?) from walnut, maple and BBs. Incredibly fun project. The plans were taken from Shopnotes 1992 No2. Walnut, maple and BBs. Get plans for other projects:...
63
63

hmmmm ....
fyi .. http://www.tablesawinjurylawyers.com/table-saw-lawsuits/
5
5

Reinventing the wheel?
As a novice with a limited tool complement (no TS, for one thing), I am constantly in "puzzle" mode. "How can I ...?" I occasionally have a flash of inspiration, after which I usually find that...

Strong enough?
I'm pretty sure it will be, but ... My wife would like a long (essentially wall-to wall) shelf to put some seldom-used but decorative serving pieces on. This should free up some space in the cabinets...
11
11