Subject Author Posted Replies

My Ryobi AP 10 planer won't start.
My Ryobi AP 10 planer won't start. Is there a safety switch some where that needs to be flipped?
3
3

Does anyone have yesterdays Woodcraft email with a 15%off coupon.
I lost the email, I think I deleted it and already cleared my trash.. Can you post the coupon number and what was it 15% off one item or your entire purchase? Was there a minimum?
2
2

Bendy 2
I'm considering using 8-inch diameter concrete forms at either end of my co ffee table base to which my bendy wood will be affixed. Those that I've se en online boast that they degrade over time. Can...
3
3

Lew, this must have been your cradle.. it would explain your sailing addiction
Others may want to notice the weird lolly column made of 2x6 T'd off.. Not sure that would pass here, as it is mounted right on the concrete... Nolan's Cradle - by AspiringWoodworker @ LumberJocks.com...

Pecan Headboards
Got the pecan log milled, yesterday, and this morning I washed the sawdust off the boards. 7 good boards about 10' long and about 15" at the narrow a nd 22" at the widest, 6/4 thick.... plus a few...
19
19

Bendable plywood question
I scored a 2-foot by 8-foot section of bendy-wood with a beautiful maple fa ce today. I'm going to use this for a curved base for a coffee table. The base will be about 6 inches in width. Wondering...
6
6

Youbo Bench Extensions
Does anyone know if I can use two extension on the ends of the Youbo? I'd like to go a bit longer. http://www.leevalley.com/us/home/page.aspx?p=71736&c= 404 - Lee Valley Tools
25
25

Shop Safety FAIL!
This short video emphasizes the importance of keeping flesh AND CLOTHING away from stuff that spins.
6
6

Started out to be "Inexpensive jointer"
Has anyone here owned or tried one of these Sears Craftsman 6" jointers--here a link to a photo of one: My first impression is that it's too light for all but the lightest work, but there is more than...
45
45

.15mm end grain veneer the Japanese way
14
14

Sewing Desk Progress
The side cabinets with drawers are built. they need a touch of sanding and mint green paint. The bottom supports that, will support the 8' long sewing table top, are done and need to be attached, with...
15
15

Hobie Alter RIP
surfboards, the Hobie Cat, model Airplanes, you name it he was a woodworker (using balsa has his first medium)...

Ping woodchucker
Bruce Johnson. As a finisher/refinished, perhaps. As a woodworker, meh.
5
5

Garage works, Brian on LJ
Brian put up a new video, I don't usually watch his videos, but I decided to see what he is up to. I felt uncomfortable watching him with a chisel, and using a block plane, when he should have been...
29
29

OT: 4 minutes of explosions.
What happens when a truck carrying pressurised gas has a bad accident....?? boom , boom, boom... about 4 minutes of it. Great Icebreaker video for a HAZMAT Class demonstrating the dangers of insecure...
5
5