Subject Author Posted Replies

Wow, just destroyed my laptop
I was carrying a bunch of things, and my laptop (which was open) Started losing it's balance, and went soaring.. Crashed, totalled. Now on my wife's computer. So here's my track record. Makita LS1013...
26
26

What is it.
(posted on alt binaries pic. woodworking) What is it? My brother found this in a bucket with other stone items in a garage. It is stone, and has holes all the way through. It was from old lapidary...
2
2

RE: 2 Down, 1 To Go
Caslifornia Chrome wins Preakness. They call it the sport of kings. Not a king, but still enjoyed the race. BTW, no coffee involved. Lew
2
2

Where to Donate a Wood Shop
For health and safety reasons my woodworking days are over. If I keep the tools available I will be tempted to use them. This could be dangerous. Does anyone know of a good organization to donate...
16
16

Old Craftsman 10" Bandsaw
I have an old Craftsman bandsaw that I need the trunnion for. I am trying to fix this tool and give it to a retired guy with a very limited fixed in come. The trunnion is beyond repair and I have had...
6
6

dust system auto on/off
I have seen gadgets that sense the current flow in a circuit when the chop saw is turned on, and it then turns on a plug that the dust collector is plugged into. What I want is some type of plans for...
17
17

Old growth pine.
Just recycled some old wood I had that I picked up long ago. I stripped the finish off with a handplane, ran it through the planer. Old growth pine is so much different than what we get today. The...

Heads up on Home Depot deal
Recent talk about moving from the Ryobi Ni-Cads had me check out Home Depot. They are running a couple of specials pre-Father's Day. 1st deal: $99 combo which includes 2 18v 1.3AH Li-Ion batteries,...
7
7

Need a BIG table saw?
Not mine. Just saw it in the Atlanta Craigslist.
2
2

Chicago Replacement Windows
Well, it was posted from a server at Pioneer Elabs Ltd., in India, and the website they reference is on a server in Singapore. What do you expect?
2
2

Small built-in cabinet project ... in progress.
Nothing fancy, challenging or out of the ordinary, just the photo link I use to keep the client updated on the progress of their project. The client wants things as "plain as can be ... no round...
20
20

Domino Stuff...
Nope, I don't own a Domino, but I have friend that does, and that keeps me wanting. ;) Festool Domino Joiners are revolutionizing machine mortise and tenon joinery
3
3

Dateline Cochran, GA
We got 6 1/2 inches of rain last evening and night. About midnight the weather radio came on and said there "was the potential of flash flooding in Cochran and Bleckley County, If you experience...
69
69

What is it? Set 545
I need some help with 3183 in this week's set: Larger images: Rob
21
21

RE: Dateline Carlsbad, CA
It is 101F outside my window. In Carlsbad, a beach front community halfway between Los Angeles an San Diego and home to wrec members is in trouble, so hopes that qualifies as on topic. Serious wind...
16
16