Subject Author Posted Replies

What is it? Set 547
Just posted the latest set: Larger images: Rob What is it?
24
24

Trying to repair loose joints on INDOOR teak chair
I have loose joints in my teak chair where the seat joins the back. At first I tried taking some yellow glue that I watered down a little so it would drip into the joint. No success. This method has...
46
46

OT: Congress and the unemployed
I was just listening to 101.5 NJ.. it's a right wing talk station in NJ. They were talking about how kids today don't want to work, and how the last few years all the help at the boardwalks were...
18
18

OT: Thank you vets
To all you vets out there, thank you for your service. Have a good memorial day, and please stay safe..

Simple drawer glides - is this a bad design?
There are three problems, I see. First, the sliding surfaces will wear. It would probably be good to make them out of something like Ash or Ironwood. ;-) If you can somehow make one mating surface...
61
61

Router Planing
Planing with the router worked like a charm. From making & setting up the jig to planing both sides of the first slab took about 3 hours. Will do th e second slab, later. I want to thank everyone for...
6
6

Lithium Batteries
I have two of the Ryobi 4AH batteries. I charged them in December, but not again since - until yesterday. I had 256 3/8" holes to drill in oak. I would normally use a corded drill for something like...
15
15

The Dowel Jig
Against advice from several people here, I decided to go with dowels to attach the (many) "rungs" on the sides of my cookbook shelves. (the drawing) After turning the idea around in my head during the...
17
17

Looking an "Older Style" Unifence Cursor
I just broke my last Unifence Cursor. The illustration of the ones listed on eReplacements are not like mine. I'm assuming that I have an older style fence that required a slightly different cursor....
3
3

RE: O/T: BEWARE
Had an e-mail this morning, supposedly from advising they were going to ship an order placed May 3 and to confirm. I receive ALL e-mail as straight text so get an attachment if file uses HTML. This...
18
18

Why Didn't I think Of This, Before
Little by little, I've been hand planing the walnut slabs. It's been reall y tough going. The rough chain-sawed faces are really out of level/flatnes s, with many gouges, some areas 1/2", or more,...
15
15

OT: restoring a computer MS way
So I can't easily restore my computer. MS in it's infinite wisdom reads that the firmware is different and won't restore. NICE!!! So back to building from scratch. I can get the files back, it will...
52
52

Another Sketchup question - the dimension tool
I am starting to use the dimension tool and I have a problem. Here is my example case: Starting at the origin, draw a 3 inch line along the red axis. From the end of that line, draw a 4 inch line...
5
5

News viewer - off topic
I apologize for posting this in the woodworking group but this is the only internet news group to which I subscribe. I am moving to Windows 8 and OE is no longer supported. Does one of you have an...
22
22

sharpening and installing jointer knives
It's been a long time since I tuned my jointer. Today, I noticed some "fla t spots" on the knives. I removed and sharpened them using the scary sharp method and a Lee Valley blade holder for doing...
4
4