Subject Author Posted Replies

Undermount Drawers Slides For Stick Built Cabinets?
Happy Holidays! I am planning to build new drawers for some stick-built kitchen cabinets. I would like to use full extension, soft close, undermount slides, but havin g no experience with drawer...
35
35

RE: O/T: Dodged A Bullet
My Hard Drive crapped out; however,dodged a bullet, and have recovered. My Geek is located kitty cornered across the parking lot which is about a solid 7 iron. Was on puter Saturday afternoon...
49
49

Digital Router Fence System
Lee Valley is selling a digital router fence system. CNC on the cheap! Woodworking Hand & Power Tools & Accessories - Lee Valley Tools Woodworking Hand & Power Tools & Accessories - Lee Valley Tools...
10
10

How do you like your CBN (Cubic Boron Nitride) grinding wheel?
How do you like your CBN (Cubic Boron Nitride) grinding wheel? They sound too good to be true but reading about them makes me believe they're legit and I think I will get one. Traditionall uses to...
15
15

Ping Lew: Thinning Epoxy
I use West 5 min. epoxy to fill hairline cracks in bowls. Is there a common solvent that will thin it a bit (either before or after mixing ? I have noticed that a dab of alcohol based dye will make it...
15
15

Second unit done, project done!
Outdoor photos this time, so better light and color rendition: Thanks to all for help along the way.
12
12

Old time creativity
Watch this guy make a set of wooden pliers with a few knife cuts: Pretty cool. Watch David Warther making wooden pliers using a simple pocket knife his dad—famed master carver Ernest...
3
3

Tis the season.
To all the Wreckers... Merry Christmas, and all the best for the coming year. May your splinters be few and your glue lines clean. And a glass of Christmas cheer raised in honour of our absent...
7
7

RE: O/T: And Now You Know
Ralph's is a SoCal grocery chain that was purchased a few years ago by Kroger, a grocery chain based in Cincinnati, Ohio. At first the changes in ownership were few and subtle starting with private...
56
56

Re: OT Joe Cocker, RIP
Listening to _Mad Dogs & Englishmen_ as I post this. RIP.
5
5

What's your favorite lube for your lathe bed?
I still haven't found the right lube for the lathe bed. Mineral oil doesn't stay around long due to dust. I tried wd40 and the dust took it away too. I'm going to try something with graphite in it...
35
35

The other 5 Cutting Boards
Close up details Untitled | Flickrlcb11211 | Flickr Untitled | Flickrlcb11211 | Flickr Untitled | Flickrlcb11211 | Flickr Untitled | Flickrlcb11211 | Flickr Untitled | Flickrlcb11211 | Flickr
18
18

I hate plumbing repairs part II and don't get married
Just needing to vent. Per my advice, I told the wife it's not a good idea to dump the shredded chicken down the disposal. Well, she did anyway thinking if she keeps the disposal running, it'll pass...
15
15

random orbital sander wanting to go orbital
I don't use my dewalt sander that much but it's handy and useful. Using it the other day and I held it off the workpiece for several seconds while I was looking for dips, etc. The sander started...
13
13

Make That Hole Bigger!
The subject was brought up recently, so I thought I'd show how I do it. You have a drilled hole that is too small. You can't just put a bigger sized Forstner or spade bit it the hole because it has...
31
31