Subject Author Posted Replies

photography lights
Digital Photography Review has a studio/lighting forum. Their forums are moderated and I think you will have to register to post. I see a lot of product photography threads.
6
6

Wow the Kreg Pocket Hole Jig looks even better after seeing this video
Notice on the video how long it takes to drill the holes when drilling at this angle and also notice how the pieces don't stay aligned. There was an obvious twist on the corner joint.
10
10

ryobi bench grinder color
The ryobi reps just put out the latest 6" grinder when I was at the store. The color is not my favorite. A bright lime green or the like. The led light is nice. I think the price was $30-40 but maybe...
9
9

Tips & Tricks for removing & replacing hardwood floor pieces ..
Hi All ; I'll likely need to remove & replace about four pieces of hickory hardwood flooring, due to powder post beetles. - any advice is appreciated - The pieces are 2 1/4 x 3/4 inches x 3 - 4 ft....
8
8

powder post beetle
Hi all ; Does anyone here have any first-hand experience or expertise - - with eradicating / limiting the effect of powder post beetles - - in the home ? I'm in southern Ontario. I'm quite sure that I...
8
8

Prefab home building 60 years ago.
Insulation has changed a bit. ;~)
5
5

Crown Molding Job Finished
Here are a couple pics of the crown molding job I mentioned in a previous post. There was low light and it was my phone, so the pics aren't great. But you can at least see what I was talking about and...
2
2

man's first conversation? it was about tools...
http://news.discovery.com/human/evolution/first-conversations-two-million-years-ago-likely-about-tools-150113.htm
6
6

Re: On Building Table Legs...
---------------------------------------------------- Cabin fever came a little early I see. Lew
3
3

WOW saw this on craigs list... it's a beauty, and the shop is impressive too.
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/tls/4843480308.html
32
32

Drawer Bottoms 1/8" Hardboard + 1/8" Acrylic Coated MDF?
I read a suggestion to use 1/8" Hardboard topped with 1/8" Acrylic Coated MDF for kitchen drawer bottoms. The theory is that the Acrylic Coated MDF looks good, is easy to clean and wouldn't need to be...
20
20

Prefinish parts ... before even cutting them to finished size?
Another fairly ignorant question. I consider that my job, by the way; my contribution to keeping the group supplied with on-topic threads. :) My recent project had so many small parts (thirty-two 9"...
4
4

Roll-around toolbox
It's common in a machine shop for a workman to have a full toolbox he moves to his job (on a large stationary tool). Big rollaround carts are the norm. But this guy has it worked out for his...
14
14

Making a (bevel) molding plane
Impressive video, you may enjoy (fast too): Project with free plan is here: https://ibuildit.ca/projects/wooden-chamfer-plane/ Re-edited from the original two videos, cutting out a lot of the tic toc...
6
6

OT Modern railroad repairs
Railroads were being mentioned in an earlier thread. This is an interesting video showing the welding of rails and the new concrete ties.
9
9