Subject Author Posted Replies

RE: O/T: "Hello"
On 01/23/2015 the price of gas was $2.19/gal. On 02/25/2015 the price of gas was $3.03/gal. Let's see, that's an $0.84/gal increase in 33 days. $3.039/$2.199 = 1.38% increase As the lyric from an old...
9
9

Ryobi planer repair
My ryobi AP-10 planer is completely apart but I cannot get the housing off the armature. Do I need to take the brush holders out/ Any suggestions.
1
1

no more Jet for me
a piece on my table saw broke and I decided that I will not spend money on Jet tools again. Too many little things have broken on the two shop tools I have that are made by Jet. I've made a...
101
101

hasps and much more
good hardware makes a big difference but of course most don't appreciate quality in the hardware so only for special projects nice products, gives some inspiration the catalog contains scale photos on...

Ping Leon
Don't know if you're still interested in a edge sander, or want to mess with 3 phase equipment, but there is a sander in Houston for sale.... also, two flammable cabinets, if those may be of interest....
13
13

Source for hasps, hinges, locks, etc.
Where do you buy your hasps, hinges, locks, small knobs, etc.? Not looking for kitchen/bath stuff but more like shadow box, chests and boxes, award boxes, trophy displays Cheap and/or museum quality...
15
15

RE: O/T: Clark Terrry
His trumpet is silenced at 94. So his is Mumbles routine. Lew
1
1

Tinting stains
Granddaughter wants the bed I am building her to be red. I'd rather stain than paint. Any recommendations on getting to red using an oil-based stain? The material is two-bys in decent construction...
18
18

trying to identify a "rare" wood type
Thank you for helping in advance. I live in a very old farmhouse in Minnesota. I purchased the home from someone who dabbled in woodworking and lumbering out trees etc. There were several pieces of...
6
6

the router bit bearing saga
just a quick one about the 1-1/4-inch 1/4-inch shank bit flush trim bit with top and bottom bearings that gets unruly at full revs. took off the end bearing and allen screw rev'd up to 23,000rpm and...
12
12

Recommended furniture dimensions - Armoire
I think someone here once mentioned a resource that lists recommended dimensions for different types of furniture. Can someone post a link? I'm especially interested in the recommended depth for an...
26
26

HVLP question
I have a Fuji Q4 system that does an excellent job but I have only sprayed "oil" finishes. I intend to use latex on some large areas. I've heard of those who use water, windshield washer fluid,...
2
2

Hinge
Anyone know where to source these? Or at least what they are called so I can search? The door leaf fits in a rabit on the door. Thanks. http://i57.tinypic.com/2rpcwpl.jpg
12
12

Re: Changes to Food-Stamp Program
Are you serious? The abuse is off the charts! --- news:// - complaints: --- Keywanda is having the time of her life. Her job is raising her family of 10 children while dealing with the drama and...

RE: O/T: 50 Shades Of Grey
Ya gotta be a native Buckeye to truly appreciate. Lew http://tinyurl.com/ovdlhue
1
1