Subject Author Posted Replies

Multi Angle Finder
Everyone can do any woodwork at only a minute. Compound Miter saw Adjust Miter Angle and Bevel Angle for cuts To use this saw, user must know Miter and Bevel Angle for perfect cut & fit in a one time...
3
3

Colonial Williamsburg
I will be making a trip towards Williamsburg and am planning to visit the museum. I hope that I be pleased with the woodworking content (please provide guidance--the folk arts museum?) Any related...
24
24

New Bandsaw?
I am in the market for a new bandsaw. The old one I now have is terrible for resawing and that is mainly what I want the new one to do. I lurk here and there has been some recent discussions about...
23
23

RE: O/T: An Apology
Enjoy Lew ----------------------------------------------------------- A guy texts his neighbor "Bob, I'm sorry. I've been riddled with guilt and I have to confess: I have been helping myself to your...

SawStop vs. Bosch-- Let the Games Begin!!
It seems Bosch has built the better mouse trap. Their brake doesn't destroy the blade and works on any sized bade, including dado sets. I wonder what the lawyer fees amount to? :-)
56
56

Incredible table
You know that big round table that spins and the top splits and pieces form a larger table??? Here is another version, one within all of our ranges of talent, and portable!
1
1

Lifting Casters
Does anyone know the name of lifting casters? I'm looking for casters that lift a wooden box off the ground (50 lbs?), but ground themselves when a little pressure or weight is applied to the box....
29
29

Advice needed for sliding door project run amok
I am building a cabinet with sliding doors (due to space constraints). It is 36" high, 74" long and made from cherry plywood. I got 1/4" cherry for the sliding doors that are to run in a sliding door...
56
56

workbench
Here's a workbench on sale in Craigslist, Wichita KS. area. Seems kind of pricy but maybe not. http://wichita.craigslist.org/tls/4908692778.html
20
20

Through tenons
I'm between projects at the moment and I'm contemplating the next one. I try to design in a new technique here and there to improve my skills. I've been flirting with the idea of through tenons. Given...
13
13

Re: OT: Goodbye, Sir Terry.
Damm! If there's anyone I'd hoped would still be producing novels till I died, it would be Terry. You're right, he'll always be missed. There will never be another Terry Pratchett.

new to me & FYI
What is? Thermally treated wood. I was at a yard buying lumber earlier today and they had some thermally treated ash. Dark brown, through and through. He had a small piece he had finished and it was...
11
11

Timber dogs
This is the first time I've seen this. I can't way to get some and try them out. Mike Have you ever read about timber dogs, pinch dogs or nail dogs and wondered what they were and how they where used?...
8
8

Ping Upscale ;~)
Hey! I got a package in the mail today from some place north of Texas. I think some where in North America. After standing out in the cold, at my mail box, staring at the return address it finally...
1
1

annoyances
For some months I have been doing boring stuff like framing, drywall, painting, etc. Tile too. Tons of tile. Tile by the 1000s. I have finished all that and am ready to begin some more interesting...
12
12