Subject Author Posted Replies

Camera Lens Was Made Out of Wood
Very nice
9

OT: How 'bout them Cubs!
I understand if the Cubs make it to the Series, Chicago will tear down Buckingham Fountain and erect a statue of Joe Madden in its place. If they *win* the Series, the statue will be converted to a...
8
8

Innovations in woodworking machinery ;-)
Handles rather small conifers amazingly well. I wonder if it has a big brother for 80' tall 42" diam hardwoods?
4
4

Unisaur dimension???
Anybody have a "classic" Unisaw (altho I don't know they've changed the characteristic dimension of interest)? I was looking at one of the old Delta/Rockwell era shaping sleds but IIRC there was an...
4
4

Interesting table
My wife and I stayed at a golf resort over the weekend. We don't golf, but the location was convenient to an area we wanted to explore and the place was historic and interesting. The grounds were...
4
4

Refinishing hollow interior doors
I sanded this hollow door and I am putting clear polyurethane on, as the stain on them was very dark. I have 2 spots on one side (see picture) I'm not looking for perfect but how can I make it so...
18
18

what is the general class of this product
next to this on the shelf was acrylic lacquer this stuff didn't have any general classification and i asked the young fellow and he was very confident but eventually admitted he did not know i am...
11
11

A new project
Well I have 4 customers that I am waiting for approval to begin projects for and it looks like that will happen after the first of the year. In the mean time I have decided to try to finish off my...
43
43

An older project revisited
Almost 3 years ago I was commissioned to design an build a display cabinet to hold 2 model airplanes plus brochures and give away items at conventions and meetings. This cabinet was built for Volga...
7
7

Ginders
I bought a Rikon grinder last year at Woodcraft. I think $89. Well the stones suck. Way out of round, wobble. The center is not standard 1" ,it's only 7/8 and filled with something rather than using...
12
12

Shop Dog Update
She is still the perfect shop dog. Found the puppies, she had two. Both males. Gave one away after they were weaned. Keeping the other one in case Curly does not survive the heartworm treatment....
11
11

If anyone here is wondering what to get me for Christmas
11
11

Bandsaw tuneup
Just put new tires on an inexpensive bandsaw (14" Chiwanese), and found the upper wheel needed adjusting to an odd tilt. Apparently the upper/lower wheels are not coplanar, because the band doesn't...
7
7

i guess you can have too many clamps
you can have too many clamps http://i.imgur.com/qaG7st3.jpg
13
13

I'm always amazed at what people will pay.
This is a HF 1 ton arbor press that normally is available on sale for 49.99, like it is now, But many have bought it from this ebay guy for 83.98 (29 idiots). It even has the Central Machinery tag on...
21
21