Subject Author Posted Replies

Baltic birch?
I recently bought some Baltic birch and when I got it home discovered it had "football" patches here and there. Not visible on a quick look under store lighting, but obvious on close examination under...
12
12

Delta Bandsaw on Craigslist
q`
16
16

Bessey Deal at Rockler
Fantastic pricing. 6 clamps for 179 Plus a bessey stool http://www.rockler.com/bessey-pneumatic-shop-stool-with-6-piece-parallel-clamp-pack
16
16

stain now or later
I made a set of bifold closet doors to replace louvered ones. My wife does not like to trying to get the dust out of the slats and wanted something solid with a smooth surface. I stained the plywood...
16
16

OT. Truth In Advertising.
Watch from 3:16

Saga of the Long Ranger
I have used a Long Ranger III to control my dust collector for several years. Yesterday when I pressed the on button of the remote nothing happened. So I took the battery out and took it in the house...
3
3

Jet Parallel Clamps
So if you have not gotten a Rockler mailer, they will have their Jet parallel clamp kit on sale Friday after Thanksgiving through 11/30. $119.99 for 2, 24" and 2, 31" clamps plus the blocks to hold...
5
5

Formica
Years ago I rolled up a 4x8 ft piece of Formica and stored it in my garage. I found out recently that there was a set in it that refused to come out. I tried wetting the back and laying on my patio...
25
25

Beginners Syndrome
I was reading Chris Pyes, book, "Woodcarving Materials, ...", Vol. 2, recently and he brought up the topic of "Beginners Syndrome". He's wrote that it's common enough phenomenon that he thought he...
171
171

Trembleur
Help, sometime between 1984 and today I remember reading an article in a magazine or a book on making trembleurs complete with plans for string steady rests. However after going through all my...
22
22

Centipede Review
Monday I bought the 4X8. I thought, why pay $50 for a 2X4 when I can get the 4X8 for $100, at Lowes. HD, here, didn't have the 4X8. If I ever want a smaller work surface, I don't have to open it up...
16
16

Ideas?
Found these on the side of the road. Wrought Iron. What could I make? What are they? I just can't walk by anything heavy... https://goo.gl/elPME1
20
20

Restoring Cedar
Hi, I'm new to the group, and I need some advice. My Dad was a very handy m an, and I picked up many good skills from him. However, I've not worked wit h cedar before, and I want to ensure there's not...
11
11

Centipede Sawhorse!
So I picked up one of these yesterday and can't wait to use it. I've seen this product on the internet and have really wanted to try one, but didn't want to pay the 80 bucks everyone was asking for...
53
53

Straightening a Table Saw Blade
My blade is a 10" Amana 80-tooth, thin kerf, trim blade. For reasons I won't embarrassingly reveal, the blade now has about 25 thou runout about 1" inside the OD. My questions: 1) Have you ever had a...
32
32