Subject Author Posted Replies

HF Smokes Again?
Has anyone else purchased and used the Harbor Freight heat gun? I purchased one on sale and immediately upon use it starting spewing smoke from inside. I returned it and, after profuse apologies and a...
19
19

Band saw part question
I found a used Grizzly G0555 band saw in excellent condition and bought it. After putting it into position in my garage, cleaning it and fine tuning, I noticed the blade guard doesn't seat directly in...
2
2

OT: shower leak
Some of you may remember that a while back I posted about a plumbing problem in a shower enclosure. Couldn't find the leak and neither could the plumber. Simple reason - it wasn't in the pipes! Now I...
9
9

The TV cabinet at its permanent home
Untitled | Flickrlcb11211 | Flickr
16
16

Today
I lost my dad, my major tools I got when they moved out of the house to a condo. His hearing was gone and my speaking voice was hard for him to hear. He was 82, a good man, flawed as we all are. Bit...
9
9

Fine Multimaster
OK, if yo have been waiting to buy a Fein Multimaster it might not get any better than this starter kit. $139.00...
13
13

Band saw marks
I was surfacing some rough poplar yesterday with my drum sander. The boards had been band sawed from the log and, naturally, they were quite rough and the saw blade marks were obvious. A few passes...
14
14

Karl, Leon, others: Advice for hanging cabinets wanted.
I have a kitchen cabinet job coming up, just installing not building. I know how to hang cabinets and place base cabs, but it's always been just a few at a time and I could take my time, previously. I...
41
41

The TV cabinet/Mantel id done!
About one day shy of 4 weeks from buying the materials and I am ready to deliver. End view of the bottom cabinet. End view + a little bit more The top mantel, the doors swing UP to open. Full front...
10
10

Hatachi aquires Metabo
Looks like we might see a bigger sampling of Metabo through Lowes. (1)&he=bec4d8d422980f163c46356739c05c6eecb92632
3
3

cnc routing and cutting
i watched some videos on cnc cutting and routing anyone here have a cnc setup in their shop i wonder how many tools could a cnc replace seems to me you could replace a lot if you were just making...
13
13

good deal on 14/twelve bandsaw at laguna tools
they had 10 units when i checked last at $875 per that is a nice saw you have to pay more if you do not know how to use the internet
3
3

climbable cabinets or cabinet stairs or stair cabinets
call them whatever you want someone that needs cabinets and maybe has a bookshelf or more cabinets above and wants to save space would like these
1
1

How's Lew?
Nothing from Lew since Nov. 12. Lew, How are the gas prices out your way?
1
1

spraying in the shop
I need to spray a lot of small pieces of trim. Given the temperatures and humidity in central Illinois, I was thinking of setting up a cardboard ( re frigerator boxes) spray booth. I am spraying...
6
6