Subject Author Posted Replies

Delta 36-412 or 36-422L Miter Saw Recall
Just a heads-up, if you have a Delta 36-412 or 36-422L miter saw, they've issued a replacement recall due to a potentially serious design flaw. You can exchange it for a free Dewalt CMS. Details in...
10
10

Tool review: Drillnado (5 stars)
SWMBO and I visited the Indianapolis Woodworking Show today. The first exhibit we stopped at was the "Drillnado" ( a new type of dust collection shroud for the drill press. This thing WORKS. About 30...
45
45

spraying wall of doors inside a finished home
I have an entire exterior wall made from 8 panels - each panel is a wood frame of 2x6 wood with glass center. The panels are about 8'x3'. I normally use an HVLP unit to spray water borne dyes and...
1
1

Ping Sawdustmaker - Wood ID
I vote it might be ash. Your pics aren't that clear, though. You might compare your wood to this site's examples: Sonny exotic wood ID site

Tormek for those who cannot afford a Tormek
IF you really want a Tormek and, like me, cannot afford it, you https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102019397/SAM_2335.JPG
2
2

Dove tail router jig
I have been using a Rockler dovetail jig I bought at least 5 years ago. It was OK but a real pain to setup. It is 311373 if you care. They don't sell it anymore. It has had it and I am in the market...
24
24

is red oak firewood always extra smoky
i recall from a boat builder that red oak is actually white wood and white oak is redder wood i also thought red oak smoked a lot more when burned i was considering getting some red oak firewaood but...
54
54

Grizzly vis a vis Tormek?
Anybody have any experience w/ the Grizzly knock-off? A question in another forum made me think of it -- I've been tempted several times with the Tormek but the exorbitant pricing has kept me away. If...
34
34

Re: " Add space to your place with a Loft Bed
stand up desks are popular now they do save space but they would not fit under a loft bed however maybe stand up beds would be the real winner in space saving advancements maybe repurpose seat belts...
4
4

Story Stick Pro 96"
Well we were talking about this in another thread but I thought I would point it out here. Woodpeckers has come out, finally, with a method to attach Story Stick Pros together. Unfortunately they...
39
39

Band Saw Blade Brands
Now that I've installed the riser kit and plan to put the saw into more use, what are recommended brands for 105" blades? Any I should avoid? Any recommendation on must have sizes? Thanks
22
22

Leon's Secret Recipe - Revealed
For your recipe folder: Quality better on facebook: Can't get this work: http://www.augustoakwoodworks.com/home/videos/
6
6

nailshooter UNLEASHED
Belt-fed, impressive! ;-D Play the Builder Skills Challenge: http://www.integritywindows.com/skills
19
19

chip cavity in wood screw tip
will the chip cavity in wood screws really not require a pilot hole i am seeing them advertised as such but i hvae my doubts i may order some but i do not have any to test and i think for my...
4
4

The Bait
Hey Electric Comet!!!! On sale not for delivery in the next 60-90 days-ish....
24
24