Subject Author Posted Replies

stay in shape while you sharpen
good for keeping fit and staying sharp http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/man-sharpening-axe-grinding-stone-16403850.jpg

Olson bs blades
BS says it all. I have a bunch of blades that I need to replace. Most of my narrower blades are Olson's. According the box, I saved one years ago, the width of a blade is measured from the tip of the...
27
27

Some people shouldn't use tools...
Using corded and cordless electric chainsaws to cut down a dead peach tree in our backyard, a comparison. Also, using the peachwood chunks to smoke our Thanksgiving turkey in a Smokin'Tex electric...
3
3

Abysmal workmanship
I posted some photos to abpw. I spent all day in a hotel conference room today... The hotel was completely gutted and redone over the past year or so and only recently reopened under a different...
8
8

balustrade/bannister using rope instead of wood
a lot of novel ideas using rope including a nice balustrade of rope not sure about the boat cleats though i think my foot would find those too often also another example of porch swing with chain...
6
6

determining rope sizes and load factors using sisal rope
good resource for figuring sisal rope diamters also need to consider and then there is the part about the users of the porch swing you will not want to ask how much the users of the swing weigh...

Keep NewsGroups Alive
Keep NewsGroups Alive and Active
5
5

good example of using ropes for porch swing
this is a nice example would probably trim the eye bolt ends but that is minor might even turn a small finial to cover the ey bolt ends well it still uses chains to hang the whole thing but the ropes...
13
13

Festool Granat Sand Paper
As I have mentioned in the past the Festool Granat sand paper is pretty amazing. The link below shows me sanding a corner joint with a moderate amount of glue squeeze out. The piece of paper in the...
1
1

Sometimes, Tweaking A Visual Design Doesn't Work
For the camp's porch swing, I alter my usual general design of the backrest . The oval sides of the upper backrest are not appealing, as I had though t they might. I can always trim more off of those...
17
17

What???? More wood working???
I am about a week and a half into my next job. Same customer that I built the mahogany TV/FP Mantle for in November. This job is 2 bedroom night tables with drawers. She requested that I use her left...
30
30

Delta Table Saw
Question that I feel sure was asked before. I have a 36-979 10" left tilt t able saw that I bought in March 2013. Has any one (or is there an accessory ) found a way to close the rear off around the...
4
4

Dust Chuter CMS Dust Collection
This thing looks promising. I tried to buy one but apparently they aren't available yet. The inventor was selling them but got bought out by Milescraft (good for him!!) and they're re-branding it and...
11
11

Festool TS 55 REQ Recall Information
this frm their website sounds serious but i think sometimes these recalls are overblown Festool, in cooperation with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Health Canada, is recalling...
4
4

Miter Saw Dust Collection Hoods?
Since I don't have 2 grand to plonk down on a Festool Kapex and Dust Extractor combination, I'm looking for recommendations from anyone who's used either of the two canopy/hood type collectors that...
22
22