Subject Author Posted Replies

Looking for a 1/4" 10 TPI regular tooth type 105" bandsaw blade
The subject tells it all. These blades aren't all that expensive but rather that doing trial and error and I am looking for a recommendation from one of you who has used a thin stock tight curve blade...
7
7

Dust collection systems
Seemed to me that there is a lot of black magic thinking about air flow in dust collection systems and no scientific basis used for designs of small shop or home evac systems. Being that in my trade I...
12
12

raised floor with dust collection
nicely done too http://rs399.pbsrc.com/albums/pp73/wbrian63/Kirkwood%20Workshop/800x600%20Images/FloorStructurefromNWCorner800x600.jpg
25
25

New shop
Moved last year to a place with no shop so I need to build one now that most everything else is done. It will be concrete slab on grade. I will use 2 X 4 sleepers on the concrete with plywood over the...
17
17

Old discussion Re: Making Windows/Doors
Some months ago there was a discussion regarding above and a link to a video where the provider showed a very inefficient manner of doing so as well as being, in my opinion, much less safe than the...
23
23

Old screwdrives
I recently picked up some old almost all metal screwdrivers. The ones with just the wood inserts in the handles. The wood is very weathered. What type of treatment can I use to stabilize the wood in...
7
7

Creating deep holes for grooving shapes. What should be the best strategy?
Hi. I have a router like the following (Makita 3709): And I have to work in a piece of wood (cedar) for creating a 15cm (5.9inch) deep grooving "hole". Imagine a 15cm (5.9inch) deep cup where the top...
11
11

Delinquent accounts
Hi Dolores. Revisiting again... or should I say still? ;~) The HS thing with the accounts that you have sent to Mr. Clark kind'a ticks me off but I am willing to let them correct the problem. At least...
6
6

taket he lathe survey
they make a real nice top of the line lathe but are considering a ~3000 dollar model http://www.turnrobust.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Lathe-Survey.pdf
23
23

Ridgid, Grizzly, or other 6" Jointer?
I need to buy a jointer, and haven't had much luck finding a used one. So, I've been looking at the budget 6" jointers by Ridgid and Grizzly, in the sub $600 range. Grizzly's new G0813/814 jointers...
105
105

OT... kinda... Karl, head's up!
I just saw that Picasa is going away and will be replaced by Google photos. Replaced as in "no choice". There are a lot of opinions out there, but a ny time data is migrated to another location there...
12
12

another word for round stock
the magic word for round stock is billet pole also works but usually is a larger diameter and rough finished but billets are not cheap typical use is for baseball bats and come in a variety of...
23
23

Concrete question
Which holds up better for a driveway--concrete with the glass fibers or plain concrete with wire reinforcement? I had some walks poured a few years ago and got both. I asked for plain so they put in...
11
11

Push, pull, click click
I finished the vanity pull out I was making and installed it late yesterday. It was a tight fit so my job for today was to take it out and skinny stuff down a skosh. Now, I am using full extension,...
51
51

Anyone use these soft close drawer adapters?
So Knape & Vogt tells me they don't make a soft close slide for drawers wider than 24" because their tests show that the mechanism ends up failing from the torque, blah, blah, blah. They recommend...
30
30