Subject Author Posted Replies

build your own cnc
too big for my budget but still good inspiration i have only seen this video but there are more of his project wondering if he will marry this with a lathe
6
6

barometer carving
have seen barometers mounted in plaques but have not seen one in a hand carved mount not often that i see a barometer around at all anymore let alone one that is mounted in a hand carved mount
1
1

favorite portable tools
I just came in from my shop where I had occasion to use two of my favorites. One was a Porter Cable 1/2 sheet sander, the other a Porter Cable bayonet saw. Both have not been made for years, both have...
20
20

90 to 270 degree hinges
i found a low price for these hinges and may try them i like the look of the hinge when the door is closed gives it a modern look...

Out of Curiosity, a drawer question
On 24" base cabinets it seems that 21 -22 inch drawer slides are the most common, in some places they just don't stock anything over 21 inch. Is there a reason for this? I realize that there are...
21
21

Refinished a table for a neighbor
I refinished this piece, and delivered it yesterday. I had to cut the top apart and jointed it to get it to be flat. From where it was , to where it is , it looks good to me. The money shot was the...
11
11

30 dollar sampler
they have 30 dollar sampler deal to checko out their products free shipping too ordered one already BRUNER LUMBER

double barrel cypress
i am sure this one has a lot of good looking turning stock especially in that section where the barrels join not to mention cutting for conventional use for intruments or furniture
1
1

Sorta Woodworking - New Sight Glasses for My Table Saw
I don't CNC cut a lot of polycarbonate, but I thought folks might like seeing that with sharp cutters it cuts very nicely. This piece was from a piece of scrap left over from building the table top...
17
17

It still matches pretty good! :)
I think I've mentioned I was/am moving the old PM180 planer to the NE corner of the old barn...in doing so I also upgraded the phase converter and returned the borrowed one to its owner...when powered...
4
4

Advan Tech Flooring
Anybody have any experiernce with using Advan Tech? I am thinking about using it as the floor in my new shop. Thanks. Jim
14
14

Exterior Paint
Almost 30yrs ago I was introduced to a somewhat unknown, and perhaps region al, paint brand, BLP Mobile. I mentioned it to a painter who was a parishi oner of mine and it was evident he did not like...
6
6

log harvesting from lake bottoms
anyone know if there are still logs gettting harvested from lakes was thinking that it may have all been harvested by now but i wonder the wood is supposed to be very sought after once it has been...
73
73

Preserving a crack
I cut a slab of Black Walnut I from a small trunk I have and plan to make a small end table. It has a check/crack which I actually want to keep for character, but it may be too wide. Currently, the...
22
22

ping Leon; Slider supplier?
Leon, a while back you posted a link for supplier of slides with great prices, I seem to have lost the link. If you would be so kind as to repost it I would appreciate it. I'm having problems getting...
2
2