Subject Author Posted Replies

woodworking stuff to do in New York City
We?ll soon be going to NYC. I plan on stopping by Brooklyn Tool and Craft (yipee) and probably buy more than I should. Where else should I go that woodworking related (stores, museums ?)?
3
3

air hoses
For a wood shop, coil up hoses are what you want. They are there when you need them and go away when you don't. I don't want air hoses laying around on the floor, and don't want to roll them up each...
11
11

Source For Reclaimed Wood? Pro and Cons?
It's time to build another bed. My (adult) daughter would like something like this: I think it would be really cool to make it out of reclaimed wood, but I don't know anything about obtaining it. I...
31
31

Spanish Cedar
r of the Mahogany family, not cedar... e made the first two from Mahogany, and that was insanely expensive, so I l ooked for an alternative lumber. I found a wood called "red Grandis" a plan tation...
29
29

OT On/Topic... removing rust the easy way.
I'm not sure you would want to eat a crawfish in it's shell, they are pretty tough.
54
54

TS Miter Gauge Question
I have a new table saw and the miter slots are T shaped. The new miter gau ge has a keeper on the end so you can?t seat the gauge in the slot unless that end of the gauge bar is off the table. I can...
39
39

Question for SawStop owners
I have recently purchased a new SawStop 3HP Professional cabinet saw. I am still working on integrating into my shop and I?d like to ask othe r SawStop owners their opinion on a change I?d like to...
3
3

OT: Plumbing Lesson
I did not know they existed. When faced with this problem I used a pair of pliers if the lower piece was threaded on the inside. For those that are threaded on the outside I used a pair of pointed...
6
6

Course hand saw for resawing
You want a rip saw (or resharpen a saw to give it rip teeth). Me, I'd use a table saw, making two nearly half-through cuts with a narrow kerf blade, then finish the cut with a handsaw (it'll take some...
72
72

swivel air fittings
never noticed these but i wonder how quickly they wear out from the swivel action and start leaking air seems like a good idea especially with those stiff air hoses to minimize wrestling with the air...
1
1

A project revisited
Some 6 years ago I gave a blow by blow of the design and build of our bedroom furniture. Yo might recall the "Tower" project. Anyway I shoe horned the bed, towers, and light bridge into our smaller...
5
5

air palm nailers
had seen these at the store but never gave them much attention looking on online retailers there are a lot of different makes and models the one pounders just seem too light for 16d nails seems like...
5
5

Honeydo, NOT fine furniture, & link question??
Been hopping around on a gimp knee and with one good hand, but finally got around to actually doing something in the shop yesterday ... for the first time in more than two months. Such as it was ......
18
18

OT - Space Station Sighting Times Based On Location
It's called "Star Guide", not Star View, though, there are others, I find the SG app the best.
7
7

Work Bench - Estate Sale in Tyler, Tx.
Anyone in the Dallas area looking for an old(?) work bench? Might be had for reasonably cheap. Page half way down, among the pics: Sonny View information about this sale in Tyler, TX. The sale starts...
7
7