Subject Author Posted Replies

new freud blade
got a new blade for the skilsaw it is a freud demon similar to the previous diablo but thicker better than the diablo as it flexes much less diablo had a tendency to flex and bind a little if you cut...

is poplar a strong enough wood to support a large granite countertop (poplar corbels)?
We don't know anything about the counter/countertop, other than the granite top is large. The way Denise asked the question, seems only the corbels are supporting the granite. Is one long edge, of the...
14
14

wood laptop case cover
thinking that it might be difficult to make by hand and cnc is the way to go to get a precise fit wood selection would also be critical anyone tried to make something by hand like this or at least...

Questions About Back-To-Back Clamps
I picked up a couple of 36" Back-To-Back clamps at a garage sale yesterday. I used one as a basic saw guide and it worked great. The seller is/was selling all of these: Single sided includes 2 -- 24";...
7
7

employing the golden mean
also known as the golden ratio the golden portion and many others when making some small tables i decided to use this ratio for the surface area it is pleasing to the eye do you ever employ this...
6
6

Planing the end grain of a pencil sized tree core
Got a microtome? Or a sharp knife or chisel? Razor blade?
36
36

cnc joinery
some misc examples wonder how long the living hinge will last eventually that will just break off but nice idea can be used for kindling when it breaks these are much simpler than joinery used in glue...

experience with hf returns
anyone had to do a return to hf what about a new tool that is missing a part just wondering if i should just ask for a refund and repurchase or have them send a part do not order from them much and...
17
17

Need Parallel Clamps?
Well the old saying goes, you cannot have enough clamps. Last year after my work/assembly platform collapsed under the weight of 20+ clamps and the cabinet, I can say I have enough clamps. Anyway...

How Much Would You Pay For This Reclaimed Douglas Fir?
What would be a reasonable price for these 2 lots of wood? I'm just looking for a rough number, knowing that there are a lot of factors that may impact the price. If there is any info that I can...
14
14

On Topic. How to stretch a board.
I have seen this joint (or one similar) before. I thought it was cool to see how they put it together and take it apart. Appears to be really strong too. Los japoneses son un referente en la...
25
25

Installing (2002) Delta TS
"This circuit should not be less than #12 wire and should be protected with a 20 Amp time lag fuse." Not being aware of this detail until now, I was just going to use a regular 20-Amp circuit-breaker...
52
52

Woodpeckers Paolini rules
Just a pointer: Woodpeckers has their Paolini pocket rules for sale again (through the 27th with November delivery). They're "One Time Tools" that seem to come back into production periodically. I...

Sketchup - you've come a long way ...
Looking back on some of the old wRec SketchUp threads from about ten years back, there were quite a few detractors, and more than a few heated discussions, about SketchUp's potential as 3D modeling...
7
7

OT Olympus OM-2 camera
Does anyone here use an OM-2? If you do, I have something you may be interested in. email works
9
9