Subject Author Posted Replies

has live edge run its course
never really liked live edge but i see it all over the place some like it some do not years ago when i first saw live edge table i liked it but now i look and think it needs to be completed there are...
18
18

torsion top in the shop
at some point i need to make more work surface space i like the torsion top idea but not enough space for 4x8 i am thinking of making either two 4x4 or two 2x8 torsion tops i think the 4x4 make more...
18
18

cheap source of mesh
at the grocery in the scouring pad section i found a pack of mesh sandpaper it was sold as scrubbing pads cheaper than buying them at the usual hardware store they remove a lot of material and work...

Need help with Jet JWTS-10JF
Seriously, you should point the saw out to your husband and ask him if it is what he was looking for. Then, perhaps, you can go look at it together (so sweet :-) ), and if he likes it you can buy it...
4
4

Sanding tree rings for viewing under a microscope
I currently use successive grits of sandpaper to smooth down the end g rain on wood cores for viewing tree rings down to the cell. I use 220, 320, 400, 600, 800, and 1200 grit aluminum oxide...
35
35

how long in the clamps
i do twenty four hours or more overnight is top vote getter guess overnight means twelve hours or so
5
5

new toy
More than a quarter century ago I bought a 3 1/2 HP Bosch 1611 router when I was making new cabinets for our condo prior to selling it. It did a good job. It has continued to do a good job during the...
1
1

Food for thought
As mentioned in another post I am going to build a bed for a customer. This bed will require 2-60x60 1/2" thick sheets of Baltic birch 1- 4x8 1/4" birch plywood 1- 4x8 1/4" good 2 side red oak plywood...
1
1

DeWalt combination CSMS and TS
I received an e-mail from a trades publication and the reporter took a tour of a tool store in Germany. It was very interesting to see the different type tools offered. As the title indicates, DeWalt...
19
19

Professional woodworker 12" compound miter saw switch
Can anyone tell me where I can get the switch for my model 3134 and don't tell me the factory...tried that to no avail. They don't even have a manual parts break down for it...lol
9
9

custom hinges
anyone ever had custom hinges made i would guess it might be expensive but if a shop is setup to do that and does it often it might no be too bad on price
6
6

New Job!
A good customer has commissioned me to build her a bed. For those that may have been following she was the one that sent me a squiggly line drawing that I posted and we had fun with. I AAMOF told her...
11
11

is this osage
http://images.craigslist.org/01616_7V7O08lP6BE_1200x900.jpg
9
9

$350 3.5" hammers have sold out
Why?.. Because he can. http://www.marcoterenzi.com/shop/cross-peen-hammer-box Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around...
5
5

was (Re: is poplar a strong enough wood to support a large granite countertop (poplar corbels)?)
will you make your decision based on advice here or are you just curious what advice you will get you should approach this with facts not internet advice how much weight will they support how much...
5
5