Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Solar Eruptions Recently
Northern lights might be seen as far south as Pennsylvania tonight. For you northern folks, go out and have a look. Sonny
5
5

at auction
One unusual looking plane - looks like a plane .. :-) that I've never seen before ... John T. Hand Planes. for auction. Online Auction featuring Vintage Tools, Hunting Gear, Fishing Gear, Handyman...
25
25

100 Grit Sandpaper For DIY "Track Saw"?
We all know about the DIY saw guide using a strip of hardwood glued to plywood which is then cut with a circular saw. I've always held mine down with spring clamps. I saw segment on TV where the guy...
6
6

Refinishing the EDGE of a Dining Room Table
I have round table with two leaves that has a lip around the edge - about 1/8" vertical from the table top, then rounded to the edge. The table top is formica or laminate. The top is okay, but the...
1
1

New Festool Products?
Apparently Festool has been busy designing with their SawStop technology, and their Shaper Origin technology. Seems they have patents on a trackless track saw, that corrects for you. Hummmm. Same for...
34
34

xcelite tools
I have an old xcelite nut driver set that I haven't used for a while. I opened the case and it smells worse than fresh dung on your boot. I can't imagine even the DOD being able to make something that...
16
16

hitachi F1000a jointer tables are not level
The infeed table tilts down at the frontend relative to the outfeed table. The result is that pieces come out bowed. Need instructions for adjusting the infeed table. The manual doesn't talk about it....
1
1

Ping Bill in the Indianapolis area
Might you be interested in this lumber (Lot 3)? No one has bid on it and sale ends Friday. IRS Auctions - Lot Listing
6
6

Dubby sled?
Hey Leon, You can hang up your Dubby sleds. Woodpeckers just came out with a much prettier one. ;-) <> Cross-cut sled for contractor and cabinetmaker table saws. Adjusts for perfect fit in your miter...
5
5

Ping Leon: Quilt Design To Try
I know that this isn't a quilt, but maybe SWMBO is looking for a challenge. (Would this even be a challenge?)
3
3

Modifying Chair Back Height - Counter Height Stools
These stools look like a fun project, except for one issue. The backs, as designed, are higher than the counter. daughter has a kitchen island with stools without backs. They fit under the overhang,...
19
19

Fine Carpentry - 2 x 4's and Pocket Screws ;-)
My daughter and I did some simple "woodworking" today. She needed to move her exercise area from the 2nd floor to the basement. Her boyfriend told her that the dining room chandelier bounced violently...
8
8

Will A Taiwanese TS Have A Metric Arbor Nut?
Is it safe to assume that a TS made in Taiwan (Pro-Tech) will have a metric arbor nut? I want to change the blade, but the TS is 180 miles away. (I'm heading there tomorrow.) The person who has it...
95
95

Wago wire connectors
Has anyone used the Wago 221 wiring connectors? I used the three-lead ones today. They're expensive but even with the number of connections in my basement, the difference isn't really significant (has...
34
34

Harbor Freight (arrogance)
Harbor Freight qualifies from my experience as the worst customer service supplier possible. They don't want to ship. They will not take a credit card to hold an item for pick up. The staff of two...
144
144