Subject Author Posted Replies

A dovetail epiphany
I just figured out when cutting the tails, by looking at the reflection of the board in the saw, if the board and refection are 'straight' then the saw is at right angles. Maybe I'm learing something.
3
3

PEN SLED
's not hard, if you get your mind right. - Granny Weatherwax http://www.davidreedsmith.com/Articles/PenSled/PenSled.htmJOAT

PICTURE FRAMES
's not hard, if you get your mind right. - Granny Weatherwax http://kombat.org/FrameMaking/JOATIt

SOOO FAR OT IT'S AMAZING
Found on a DIY link - honest. That's a CRAFT DIY link. JOAT It's not hard, if you get your mind right. - Granny Weatherwax http://www.tamponcrafts.com/halloween.html
5
5

COFFIN - OR BOOKCASE
I suppose it would be for scary stories. JOAT It's not hard, if you get your mind right. - Granny Weatherwax free wooden coffin plans, how to build a wood coffin, free coffin plans, Coffin-Style...

face jointing with a european guard
In demostrations with European guards, they hold the back of the work piece down with one hand on the back until they get to the guard, and then continue by hold the front of the work piece down with...
1
1

Sliding table saw question
I am looking to buy a combination machine with a sliding table. A major difference between the expensive ones and the cheap ones (if $7,000 can be called cheap) is that the expensive ones have the...
1
1

need help with hardware name
We are designing a portable cart to display jewelry on at art shows. We would like the top to hinge up, like a tackle box, with 3-4 shelves that stair step upwards to hold small display boxes of...
3
3

"single phasing of three phase induction motor"
plz give the information on "single phasing of three phase induction motor"
3
3

Drill Press - Mobile Base??
I just bought the JET 17" floor model at the local dealer open house. One of the displays was on a mobile base. Both the dealer and the JET rep. advised against using one. I initially didn't think...
10
10

A&C Kitchen Dining Set - The fat lady still has to ....
... spray some shellac. But other than that, it's over: The "Little Chair That Started It All": http://65.205.120.222/images/ end results (sans shellac): http://65.205.120.222/images/ full story, if...
21
21

How to: Table saw extension question
I saw in a magazine that someone built a table saw extension for the back of their saw to increase their table top area to hold large piece of wood for cuts. The person used a 3' x 4' piece of melaine...
9
9

4800 watt construction heater wiring - partial voltage explanation - Attn Troy
I'm pushing my envelope here, but I'll try. Remember that we are all exposed to uses / applications of what we know, and I may just be in my realm and not looking at the overall definition. On a...
2
2

GOP Cartoon
http://www.toostupidtobepresident.com/shockwave/hastert.htm.

Plywood tenon?
Can I use a piece of 1/4" plywood as a tenon for joints in solid wood? Or will the fact that the plywood doesn't expand/contract like solid wood cause the joint to crack? TIA, Phil
12
12