Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Woodworking.txt - Would you consider posting an index / list ?
Had to ask. I use FolderPrint (free at and tell it to make a text file. While the 3.32 version is very simple, it prints directories in various formats. I haven't yet tried the v5. Thank you for the...

:-)
Employment Standards determined a small woodworking shop owner was not paying proper wages to his help and sent an agent out to interview him. "I need a list of your employees and how much you pay...
2
2

Possible Gloat?
My uncle is getting divorced and moving into a new place with little storage. Several years ago he purchased 800 sq ft of 4" Maple 3/4" T&G hardwood flooring for the upstairs of his house and because...
7
7

Re: Tools I don't Want To Do Without - Attn: Bill
How about a picture of that DP table? I've been collecting designs but haven't made a decision yet. TIA
1
1

Behlen Rockhard Tabletop Varnish Over Urethane
Hi all, recently I varnished my bar top with Behlen Rockhard Tabletop Varnish. The advice I received from the place I bought the products from was to use this on the top and General Finish Arm-R-Seal...
4
4

Sander Question
I use the ROS for initial sanding, then finish with a cabinet scraper or a sanding block. The ROS will remove material quickly, and sometimes that's handy- but for a number of reasons, I've always...
31
31

Router lift vs. router with built-in "above the table" height adjustment
Hi all: When I built my router table last year, I decided to buy a router with built-in above-the-table height adjustment (Freud FT1700). My reasoning was that it was less expensive than buying a...
16
16

Re: Mexican Aztec threat: 'We'll rip Americans' hearts out' if they...
I wish someone would kill this kind of thing. What does it have to do with woodworking? Waste of time.

clamps on sale at Amazon (k-body, gross stabil, uniklamp)
has some pretty good deals on parallel jaw clamps: 12" Bessey k-bodies for $20.99 24" Gross Stabil for $23.23 't tried the Gross Stabil clamps, but I've heard good things. And $21 still seems steep...
1
1

Glue for filler.
I have not found filling nail and screw holes with a putty made of glue and sanding dust to be satisfactory. Any glue that I have encountered does not accept stains. I find that Fam-O-Wood putty to...

Blade Guard on a Table Saw?
as gaining bad ones and the sense to find a good blade guard and use it, and the discipline to make the use a habit, ends up just like you describe.
177
177

New wood floor is cupping
We have an addition on a crawl space. The crawl space is about 3' high. Underneath on the ground is rock dust with plastic sheeting over top. The spaces between the joists are insulated. We had...
5
5

PowerMatic Model 180 - 18" Planer
Should anyone in the Wright-Patterson, Ohio area be interested in this type of purchasing, you may be able to get this item pretty cheap... scroll down to lot #4450: was hesitant to post this. Is this...
1
1

dull scratch on wood floor - how to repair
It's from a toy that was left under a chair. The scratch has just dulled the poly didn't go through to the wood. Is there an easy way to buff the scratch out like they do on cars?
2
2

Replacing a hot water heater. Efficiency?
Hello, I need to replace a hot water heater whose tank has cracked. Any recommendations? I'm leaning towards just a straight replacement, with a good energy rating. However, I've seen some articles on...
36
36