Subject Author Posted Replies

Name that join
I've been trying to find the proper name for the sort of removable join that's often used on particle-board furniture, without any luck. A metal dowel with a partially threaded end is screwed into the...
15
15

6" CNC Router?
Does anyone out there know of a small (not cutting anything with a wide footprint) CNC Router that can cut through a 6" laminated hardwood block?
5
5

Plywood Boomerang
You can make boomerangs that really come back when you throw them with plywood. See
2
2

Best tool for job:
Hello group . I need an piece of cedar planking for an project but can only find some cedar siding which is tapered . What is the best method to use to get it to an flat uniform thickness? Sincerely...
9
9

Water Spots in Sprayed Lacquer?
Years ago our family lived in a house in the suburbs. I did my woodworking in the basement, including sprayed finishes. I used polyurethane exclusively. Once I built a canopy cradle for our firstborn....
10
10

Guide for Jointer Thicknesser
Does anybody have a guide/manual for using a jointer/thicknesser? I have a Lurem Maxi 26 combo machine and have bumbled through it quite effectively but maybe there is a better way. Thanks Paul

OT Johnson's Paste Wax
Am in need of more Johnson's Paste Wax to protect my table saw top and it is not available in Canada. I will be going to Syracuse, New York next week and hope somebody can tell me where I can purchase...
13
13

Jointer Cutterheads?
I'm going to be upgrading to an 8-inch jointer in the near future and am having trouble deciding which knife system to get. At $200+, is a spiral knife cutterhead really that much better than regular...
5
5

I've had a discussion with friends
who are also woodworkers young & old and all agree the word *Dado* used for the terminology of rebating a piece of wood,does not sound right. Sorry guys this gets the big thumbs down on the use of...
40
40

loon carving
Just beginning need help ,what should a start need for hand tools,and any suggestions for wood,size how to get pattern??? basically any help will do,thanks
4
4

Humor
I didn't label this as OT since it involves 2 kinds of wood. If anyone still feels the need to piss & moan about it please refer to the disclaimer below. The Cowboys Three cowboys are sitting around...
6
6

Need help! or answers
I am building a bed, with large posts at each corner. I need to cut the ends off square and level. The posts are to large to fit in my miter saw, and I don't have a large band saw, not that it would...
6
6

Wood filler
I am making a picture frame that has three kerf grooves about 1/8" into the frames. The plan calls for an inlay of a contrasting wood. I don't have the right tools to make the inlays of wood and don't...
11
11

What Happened to Wood Finishing Supply of Fort Bragg?
I need to find a complete finishing and refinishing supply house. I have been doing business with Wood Finishing of Fort Bragg, CA for years. They no longer have any telephone numbers on the website,...
1
1

Sale! Buy bandsaw blades online from a certified Lenox welding center
We currently have two promotions at Gray Industrial. Go to than click on "Online Store". 1. Now until November 2, save big at Gray Industrial! Get $5.00 off your order of $100 or more, and save an...