Subject Author Posted Replies

belt sander
I have a cheap Black & Decker belt sander. The belt slips halfway off every time I use, new belt or old belt; it does not matter. I am not a woodworker, craftsman or carpenter. I don't use it often...
7
7

5/16" (.312) hole, 6" deep
I am looking for a 5/16 drill bit, probably a brad point (it needs to drill, with very little wander, through end grain of tamarind and ash), with about 6" of flute (likely about 8" OAL) to let me...
19
19

Hexagon cutting tablesaw jig
I need to cut several hexagons about 10" across. Being a novice woodworker, I have not been able to cut them accurately and have been searching for a jig and have not been able to find one. Can anyone...
33
33

frozen chuck
I have an old drill that I found (none electric breast drill). It seems in good shape except the chuck has a bit in it that is broken off and I can't seem to get the chuck open. Any suggestions of how...
6
6

Hepburn shoulder plane
I have an old mahogany filled shoulder plane named Js Hepburn. I'm curious about the maker does anyone know who it is? Thanks
1
1

Wooden packframe: wood choice?
I want to make a wooden packframe for a backpack. It will be a full size backpack (3/4 lenght on frame, 55 L/3300 cu in volume), so the frame will have to be able be fairly sturdy. At the same time I...
1
1

Router Newbie--Missing Pieces?
Bought a Bosch router almost a year ago, but didn't have time to work on the projects that I bought it for. Now that I do, I'm a bit stumped how to put it together (Never used a router before.) I...
24
24

Hooray! I'm eventually getting somewhere!
This whole website building thing is complicated, but at last i really think I'm getting somewhere... I've added more plans and started to put the links in categories at It's taking a lot more time...
10
10

Semi OT - Latex Spray Paint
A few weeks ago I gought one of those cans of latex spray paint. A few days ago I finally got around to trying it out. It costs a bit more than the regular sprary paint, but I thing the extra cost is...
3
3

INSPIRATION - Pool Table
A pool table is one thing I have absolutely no desire a all to build. If I had the room for a pool table I'd much rather buy a refurbished real pool hall pool table, the same type I played on when I...

FAMILY GAME BOX
it can't kill you, it ain't a sport. http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=howTo

bad attempt for humor- woodworking related
To my British Friends, The discussions about terms used both here and in your country made me wonder about other differnces. Since you drive on the other side of the road from the US, does your left...
12
12

TREASURE CHEST
it can't kill you, it ain't a sport. http://wayneofthewoods.com/treasurechest.htmlJOATIf

SIMPLE CHEST - PDF
Medieval style. JOAT If it can't kill you, it ain't a sport. http://www.currentmiddleages.org/tents/chest4simple.pdf

Questions about building drawers
I am building drawers to hold CDs, DVD,s and casette tapes. The outside dimensions of the drawers are 18" wide and 15" deep. The Cd and DVD drawers are 5" high and the casette tape drawers are 2"...
4
4