Subject Author Posted Replies

Ideas for adjustable legs for artists easel
All, I've been Googling around today looking for Aluminum or some other metal tube adjustable leg for an Artists easel I'd like to make. I don't much like the stuff I find at Art Stores online. I'd...
7
7

Todays Pen Project
After hours of making a jig to cut the tiny pieces, and glueing them up.. the turning was the easiest part. Mike http://www.ottawawood.com/pens/jester.jpgCheers.
4
4

Christmas Tree Ornaments
HELP! I need to make about 2 dozen Christmas Tree Ornaments by Thanksgiving. Any ideas, easy plans for turned ornaments or otherwise appreciated. Thanks, Walt Conner wconner5 at verizon dot com
5
5

Gloat
SWMBO bought me an Oneida 2HP Super Gorilla dust collector for my birthday. Mighty nice. Max
6
6

Fixing cracks in wooden "quoins" (corner blocks) in Italianate house...
Our 140yr old Italianate house has beautiful wooden quoins forming the corners of the house. Each side of the corner looks like a series of blocks with raised panel centers. Unfortunately, many of the...
11
11

Learning about router accessories
I've been an amateur woodworker for awhile since I had limited tools. Now, I have a decent shop set up for minor project or mostly home projects. Though I have used a router on many occassions, I...
3
3

Kickback caused by DC/Overhead Guard????
This is a hard one to believe, but I think I've found the cause.... I was building a new sharpening station yesterday (pics on ABPW, btw) when it happened. Just finished the last rip from some 1/4"...
5
5

Got New Jointer, old one for sale
I recentlly got a Powermatic 6" jointer on Ebay, and have the old one for sale. I think it may ne a Powr-kraft. Its a 6" old heavy jointer on a sturdy hand made stand. Newer Rockwell motor. It joints...

FOILEY BELSAW 1055
I picked up a 1055 sharp-all, but it does not have a manual. Anyone know where I can get one? Thanks
2
2

JOINTERS
I am looking to purchase a 6" or 8" jointer and I am considering either the Grizzly or Yorkcraft machines. Any comments or recommendations
10
10

nose filters
I wondered if anyone has had experience with the type of filters sold at or I'm a wood carver and haven't paid much attention to dust, until a session with a chunk of butternut. I roughed it out with...
3
3

Did I screw up my table saw fence and blade?!!
Let me apologize up front if this subject is posted twice. I use Google Groups to view newsgroups and I thought I sent something earlier today but I still don't see it after about 7-8 hours. I did...
3
3

Need more power?
I've been using a Jet 16" Bandsaw for about 5 years. I've always had to take it slow with this saw while resawing. It would pop circuits and bog down. I rewired it for 220 and that made a big...
19
19

Wood Identification
I have numerous wood boards/cutoffs acquired from my father that I am trying to identify but I am finding much difficulty doing so. Is there a proven method; i.e. visual, ring growth, colour, chemical...
2
2

FS 6" Jointer
I just upgraded to an 8" jointer, so my old iron is available. Shopmaster 6" jointer with stand, upgraded 1 hp. Doerr motor, newly sharpened knives installed on Oct. 27, 2006. This jointer, from the...