Subject Author Posted Replies

Shop Vac for temporary Dust Collection....adapters?
Hiya Folks, I've just gotten the gar...er shop cleaned up and need to build a few things. I haven't gotten my cyclone dust collector built yet so in the meantime, I was planning to just use my 2 1/2"...
11
11

leaning ladder shelf
hi again, i'm looking to build a leaning ladder style shelf for my fron room. i can't seem to find any plans on the internet. (i know, hard t believe) could anyone help me out? i've put together a...

What was the BEST tip you learned here at the Wreck?
For me it was this one: A tip I learned here, and one of the most wonderful timesavers EVAR. Shoot your nails, say when installing baseboard or window trim, through a piece of masking tape. Then apply...
44
44

re:metal bat
The sound of an aluminum bat hitting a ball, akin to someone scraping fingernails on a blackboard, is a crime against nature, Mom and Apple Pie, and could only be enjoyed by some dufus who wears his...
8
8

Finish Nailer Recommendations
I need to purchase a finish nailer for attaching baseboards and door and window trim. I have heard that the Harbor Freight nailers are actually good. Is this true? What would *you* buy? Thanks, Harvey
26
26

Siberian spruce and pine for sell
We sell Siberian spruce and pine in U/S (the best quality) in our basic dimensions we have plank: Thickness 40mm i 50mm Width 100 / 125 / 150 / 175 / 200 / 225 mm Length 4 - 6m We do all other...

OT Lawmakers Look To Ban Metal Bats
New Jersey lawmakers are trying to ban metal bats, stating that they are more dangerous than wooden bats. A child was struck by a ball hit off a metal bat and is now in a coma. Now, I'm not trying to...
31
31

MDF and Mold in the basement cabinent hiding my sump pum area
I recently had my basement finished. The contractor used MDF to build cabinet around my sump pump area. It has been about three months sinc the basement was finished. I decided now to have the cabinet...
10
10

Tried a DC to empty a shop vac bin?
Planning my next router table and thinking about dust collection. My shop vac works great in my current router table, which is an open stand. The next router table will have an enclosure for the...
8
8

Shop Wall
Mine is peg board painted bright white. Great place to store tools and have them readily available. Don Dando

Workshop wall material
I am building a workshop and looking at options for the interior wall finish. I have thought about drywall, OSB, plywood and some of the more expensive material with finished surface. It is a frame...
13
13

Handplane without Chipbreakers
What is it exactly about Handplanes without Chipbreakers that make them work well. Such as Low-angle planes and Asian types. Small Mouth openings? and sharp blades?
5
5

Wainscoting
The wife wants something like this in the dining room. Is this usually done with just strips of molding tacked onto the the drywall below a chair rail, or is there a more elegant way to do it? Thanks.
17
17

Ask This Old House... WTF?
No, I don't think you are. Over the last year or two I have found that This Old House has got so involved in building and remodeling to the extent that the most things are way above what the home...
32
32

Router --- if you had $500 to spend?
I currently have a big honking Ryobi mounted under a router table. Now I want a second one for handheld work, dovetail jig work, etc. I have a 'windfall' check for $500 burning a hole in my pocket, so...
23
23