Subject Author Posted Replies

Pembroke Table
Can someone ID this wood, or narrow down the choices? Pembroke furniture, as this, is often cherry. The front of the table, to me, appears to be walnut or stained a walnut-like shade of darkness....
3
3

klingspor KL361 vs PS33W sandpaper
Which type of klingspor sandpaper would last longer for sanding end grain on hardwood? The PS33W is cheaper than the KL361, suggesting that the KL361 is of better quality but the PS33W is zinc...
1
1

kickback aprons
reading some old safety manuals they mentioned something i had not ever heard of this was working with a table saw or saw bench they recommended a kick back apron not a bad idea really it does happen...
53
53

four cylinder saw
wonder if anyone makes these any more guess the seabees used these TM 5-4016 Saw, Circular, Wood, Tilting Table, Skid Mounted, Gasoline Engine Driven, Model "Power Sawyer" Type AC with Wisconsin...
23
23

Ping Leon: Makita Trim Router Guide Bushing Adapter
Leon, The more I look at the Makita videos, the more I'm convinced that the MLCS Rocky 30 is a re-branded Makita. Not only the router itself, but the plunge base also. I called MLCS and asked about a...
3
3

Powermatic Model 143 for Sale
I have a Powermatic Model 143 that I picked up a few years ago as a restoration project. Health issues have forced me to admit that this is now beyond my capabilities. Is anyone out there interested...
6
6

when did it go from saw bench to table saw
in another post i linked to a nice old manual in there they referred to a saw bench and what i know as a table saw when did the name change and why marketing or some legalese table saw is an okay name...
3
3

june 1946 from the war department
a nice book woodworking and furniture repair not a table saw but a saw bench there are plans in here with cutting lists and nice diagrams with cross sections and have not gotten through the book yet
3
3

OT - Mechanical "busy toy"
My 2.5 yr. old grandson seems to be totally facinated by tools and anything mehcanical. When he's in my garage he goes straight to the workbench and tool rack and says "papas tools" and wants to know...
10
10

Woodpeckers Story Stick Hack
I know that several here have the Woodpeckers story sticks and for those of you that also have the connecting bars that come with the multi length story stick you might find this useful. I do a lot of...
5
5

what to do with a burned out house
the house did not look that bad from the outside but i read that it was gutted inside by fire although i did not see any broken windows or smoke damage not sure why they overflowed the bin and did not...
11
11

Rocky 30 Trim Router - 3/8" Collet?
My Rocky 30 Trim Router kit arrived yesterday. MLCS SKU 9060. It's not yet viewable on their website, but the SKU can be ordered on the Quick order page. It's my first trim router, so I don't have...
28
28

watching videos
there are some good videos out there by good i mean that the presenters know what they are doing and are straight forward i find the videos useful but sometimes it is more enjoyable to learn by doing...
2
2

Progress on the bed project and a new Festool!
Well as many of you have witnessed it is damn hot. Sooooo progress has seemed to go slow on this job. Anyway a picture of the bed base with the 9 drawers. I was once again not happy with the initial...
10
10

Wooden outdoor furniture: Headache?
How pretty do you want it? If it were me, I'd make it with PT lumber and paint it; that would be IMO the easiest upkeep. Next best - again, IMO - would be a prettier wood and oil; yes, you have to...
28
28