Subject Author Posted Replies

FS - Central NC Bargain Paper
Found these in one of t he bargain papers. If they were closer I'd check myself. Table Saw - Delta 10', combination Dewalt router, 1hp, on rollabout, new $650, many access. Asking $350 (252) 752-0855...
2
2

HD & Lowes giving military discounts.
Home Depot, Lowe's giving Vets Day military discounts By Karen Jowers Staff writer The world?s two largest home-improvement retailers are offering 10 percent discounts to active-duty personnel,...

Open Shelf Design
I'm building a simple open shelf to place my radio on in the garage. The shelf is 19" wide x 9 deep. I'm new at this so It will be a practice piece to work on some decoractive touches. I am going to...
5
5

Lee Valley Apron Plane
I'd forgotten that one was in my LV wishlist. SWMBO bought it for my birthday, along with the leather holster. I didn't expect this. It's just the cutest little thing. When I set it down next to my...
1
1

WOOD=TREATMENT NON-TOXIC
I've not tried any of this myself, just found the link. JOAT If you're not making a rocket, it ain't rocket science.
2
2

Lamellaphone
This would come in very handy while you're waiting for glue to dry. JOAT If you're not making a rocket, it ain't rocket science.

Semi OT - Cat detection/repellant device
I didn't check to see if there's enough there to make one of these, because electic stuff to me is pretty much of a mystery. Sounds like it could be very handy if you either needed more pushsticks, or...
3
3

Island Cutting Board Questions...
I committed to making a large island cutting board for a friend. It's about 27" x 40". Hard-rock maple was planned ~3/4" nominal thickness. I was just going to make it fit over the existing formica...
2
2

RE: FS postings
So what's the policy on this NG about woodworking related For Sale postings? I've been lurking here off and on for years and have been tempted at times but didn't want to get flamed for it. Mike
4
4

Re: Refurbishing old hand tools - follow up - How <I> did it
Would you be kind enough to share the result of the Google search? Thanks, Dick **********End Of Post*************
2
2

New to me plane, Stanley 7G
Yes there's a NoG7 cast into the bed, but I can't find anything in Google about it. I'm slowly working my way through the 726 patents issued on 2-17-20 but thought someone here might have heard of...
9
9

Be Careful
My wife went to the hand surgeon today. She has a repetitive motion situation that the Doc is treating. He told her that he was on-call Friday (last week) through Monday (today) at one of the local...
10
10

Which biscuits would you recommend?
I just purchased the Dewalt biscuit joiner and now I am looking for quality/reliable biscuits. What do you all recommend? I have read mixed reviews on the PC biscuits. Should I buy biscuits in bulk or...
17
17

Refurbishing old hand tools - follow up
I recently asked about whether old hand tools should be refurbished, and if so, using which techniques. Electrolytic rust removal was suggested, and it works great. 15 minutes research on Google, 30...
3
3

10" Craftsman Radial Arm Saw
Excellent working condition $300 obo