Subject Author Posted Replies

TS maintenance
Got a new Ryobi TS with a cast aluminum table. What kind of spray or rub coating should I use to keep the surface slick so stock glides through (almost) effortlessly. Someone said Pledge or similar...
8
8

Stile and Rail
Some of you might remember my neighbor - wealthy, lots of very good tools, never really builds anything. Anyway, last evening he dragged me over to his shop as he was having problems with his new...
10
10

robland x31 and horizontal mortising ques
Hallo, Just a lurker delurking. Looking at the Robland x31on the net and had a few queries. Could some of the x31 gurus help me out? The mortising spindle seems to be mounted onto the same spindle as...
2
2

A wooden clock that 'feels' the time
Go here: click on the far left link - the pic that looks like an upside down plumb bob. Mekon http://www.vinta.jp/works/works_E.htmand
8
8

I'm an idiot--router table department
So I need to make a half inch rabbet in four pieces of purpleheart. So I stick the rabbet bit in the router and have at it. So it turns out a need more like 5/16 of an inch and I don't have a smaller...
7
7

Multimaster Profile Sanding Kit?
I just got one. They don't give you much for $60; not even instructions. Getting the sandpaper under the clips is quite a challenge. Any tricks to make it easier? Can you use any sandpaper, or is...

Yellow Cedar Birds eye burls
Hi there, I live on Vancouver Island British Columbia Canada and i have some yellow cedar birds eye burls ones about 12 inches across and about 4 inches thick the other one is about 30 inches across...
2
2

Looking for router
Popular Woodworking's November issue reviewed the Firestorm Plunge Router (FS122RP) and it sounded like a good option for my small shop. I was able to find it on the Black and Decker website, but have...
28
28

butcher block desk top
I'm building a desktop for the built-in desk and library unit in our study. The shelves and cabinets are white. I was researching on here and it seems like the good hardwoods to use would be either...
10
10

need help estimating weight of blanket chest top
Hi, I was going to buy one of those safety closure devices for a blanket chest I plan to build (they prevent the lid from slamming shut). The top will be solid oak, 16" X 48" by 3/4" thick. I need to...
23
23

Woodworking Courses
I would like to take some courses on the safe and accurate use of woodworking machinery, such as table saws/routers (which I am nervous around - had a piece of wood kick back on me, and gave me a bad...
8
8

Kudos to the suppot team with Fein
A couple of months ago I purchased the Fein Multimaster XL. I have used it several times in places I would not have dared use another power tool. It is truly a very useful tool That said, the...
7
7

Help Finishing Figured Maple Veneer
I hoping someone can help me in determining the cause of a problem I'm having finishing the top of a recently completed table. The top consists of a solid bubinga frame around a figured maple veneer...
2
2

Delta 22-560 planer
No one bought my planer, so I must have been way off on the price. It's a delta 22-560 planer. I used it for only two projects. I'm including an extra set of knives. I'm in the northern chicago...
5
5

my teacher needs some help learning AutoCAD LT please help
im making this so i can help out my teacher with his class he is not very good with CAD. I was woundering if someone could help teach us something
6
6