Subject Author Posted Replies

Wondering about the Ridgid Portable Table Saw. Any Good?
I am in the process of buy a portable table saw and I am a big Ridgid tool fan. I see they have a 10" for $449 at Home Depot. Any pros and cons to buying this one or another brand. Thanks in advance.
8
8

Newbie to woodworking
I am just getting started in woodworking and made a great buy on a bunch of used power and hand tools. Problem is that there are no manuals. Most of the tools are Craftsman but only 2 of them have...
2
2

-Barter. Board game enthusiasts!... A Carrom board. "Queen O Carroms"
-Barter Board game enthusiasts!... A Carrom board "Queen O Carroms" Here a few Carrom board pictures and related links ?fn=view&phid=19Available nearby Tech Square, not far from the MIT Museum,...

Canarywood and the Bandsaw
Apparently they don't mix very well. Everything I read online and searching the wreck says canarywood works easily. However it seems to have the ability to completely gum up bandsaw blades nearly...
11
11

Router speed
Is there a general guide to determine what router speed is best for different types of wood or using different bits? Or is it trial and error? I was using a brand new Rockler carbide 1/4" x 1" w/ 1/2...
5
5

rec.woodworking
Or High School debating?
8
8

Mortising Chisel Bit 5/8 inch shank
I am trying to find Mortising bit chisels with 5/8 inch shank and have had no luck. Grizzly has bits but they were all 3/4 inch. I did not see any 5/8 on there site. I know delta makes some but can...
2
2

steel wool mixed with ??? to make a stain?
I've heard that you can mix steel wool with a couple of other things to create a nice dark rich black like substance that can be applied to wood like a stain. Has anyone heard of this, and if so do...
6
6

Solid back
I'd like to make a piece of furniture from solid walnut. 30 in. high x 24 in. wide. x 12 in. deep. Any recommendations on joinery to attach back to carcass that will allow for wood movement? I've...
5
5

DUPLICATOR
Pretty slick. Simpe and should work just great. This is for fish lures, but I can think of a couple of designs I'd like to dupe. No plans, but I really don't think you need any with this much info,...
9
9

softwood floor
Has anyone had some experience sanding and finishing softwwood floors? I believe the wood is fir but not too sure. I have been told to not use a floor drum sander because of heat build up and a...
1
1

wood choice question
I have to redo some kitchen cabinet doors. Currently they are painted 3/4 ply. I have to stay with painted finish but I'm going to do a frame and glass style. My thinking says that pine might be too...
15
15

Do mortising attachments for drill presses work?
I have the Delta drill press mortising attachment. After having bought it, I came to realize that the drill press is not really well suited for this type of work. As others have mentioned, set up is...
22
22

INSPIRATION - Drying Barrel
Apparently this guy used some sort of a barbque, with the spit. Shut the top, keeps the dust off. Also he's got some sort of heating with LPG - I'd not want an open flame, what with fumes and all.. No...

INSPIRTION - Another Drying Wheel
?attachmentid=1197&d=1104636677 As with the others, meant for drying lures. Handy for other small projects too I suspect. Neat they way you can take a rack off, and replace it with another. Used with...