Subject Author Posted Replies

Common Names - Moisture Meters - Confusion & Consternation. HELP!
Common Names - Moisture Meters - Confusion & Consternation. HELP! Short Version: I have 200 bf of ?english sycamore? - much of it quarter sawn and gorgeous. I also have a Wagner MMC 205 moisture...
5
5

Fox F36-529 Cast Iron Cabinet Saw
Does anyone have experience with this saw or other products of Fox? Is it a good choice? May-Brith from Norway
3
3

Re: klownhammer
Oh for crying out loud... I'm not one to disregard history, but I prefer to live in the present.
22
22

Have you ever Flocked a Box?
I made a maple box and was thinking of flocking it (get your mind out of the gutter feller!). Woodcraft sells some kind of flock'en device. used it? How well does it work? Will everything I put in...
8
8

End grain versus a planer?
I'm making a cutting board (Wood Magazine plans) and it consists of 7 strips of wood glued together, then cut and glued up as 24 pieces so the end grain is on the cutting surface. The glue up was not...
11
11

McGuyver polishes the rails on an old table saw... (w/pics)
That's similar to a setup that I used to polish the way tubes on an antique Shopsmith 10ER. I used a homemade chuck in a VSR drill, though. It did vibrate and jump around a bit, but it wasn't too...
1
1

Old Wood Samples
I came across a box full of wood samples at an estate auction, each piece is 2 1/4 x 5" x 5/8 and they have a label something like this: WILLOW ( Salix nigra) SOURCE: Lower Mississippi Valley...
6
6

Band Saw
I have an older (20 years) Grizzly 16 inch band saw. Its the only band saw I ever had, its all I know. I use it to do a lot of resawing but also for other things. But I have always had the feeling...
19
19

What's with Sears Canada Prices
Amen to not using UPS. The brokerage can be a huge percentage of the item's value. I'm not a huge fan of Canada Post, however, they only charge $5 for brokerage and most small packages come to your...
4
4

Gluing up a turning block
I am probably making too much out of this, but it is my first time and all that. I am gluing up a turning block; sandwiching spalted maple between wenge. What glue to use? Is PVA adequate, or...
10
10

UPS does it again (or fails to do it)
Don't you wonder why they even answer the phone at all. I was dealing with a ditz with the Discover credit card company last night. I had applied received, and decided to cancel the card after I found...
52
52

DesignCAD
John have you used a CAD program? If no, consider that 3D can be very complicated when compared to 2D. Many 2D programs will let you draw Isometric drawings and that is what I use. I have had formal...
10
10

FTNIPI - An apology.
My point exactly. Enjoy. Barry
5
5

Re 14 Rockwell Woodcutting Bandsaw ($450) on craigslist GLOAT
Got one today (along with an older ryobi table saw) on "permanent loan" AKA free

14" Rockwell Woodcutting Bandsaw ($450) on craigslist (Irvine, CA)
take a look. http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tls/234537073.htmlPlease
5
5