Subject Author Posted Replies

What is kiln dried engineered wood?
Manufacturer of a sofa we are thinking of buying describe the frame as comprised of "Kiln-dried engineered wood and solid wood." Anyone come across KD engineered wood who can enlighten me? Thanks,...
12
12

Re: An "appropriate" finish for a Stickley-style oak table.
process on my Stickley coffee on building another one for myself. I agree with Paul, thanks for the detail! As to fuming, I do that a lot with my White Oak pieces. You really don't get the correct...
1
1

The Birth Of A Weapon - English longbow making
"This is a documentary movie uncovering making of a traditional English longbow from log to a shooting weapon." (15 minutes) https://vimeo.com/176201581
7
7

Warning: Avoid Link In Runny Titebond III thread!
It appears that I fat fingered a link in the "Runny TiteBond III vs II (with pictures)" thread earlier today. The first of 3 imgur links in my OP is missing the "m" in .com. One member said it took...

Runny TiteBond III vs II (with pictures)
I am running low on TB II, so I bought my first container of TB III. The first thing I noticed was how runny III was compared to II. So I jumped on the ole interweb and did some homework. I came...
43
43

Ping Leon
Here's some pics of the barn tools. I had forgotten, there's a Powermatic planer against the back wall, also. The 12 X 12 posts, near the RAS and Unisaw, supports the I-beam. A bit of the lumber...
2
2

Question regarding laminated flooring
Had a major change of plans. :( :) Long story short, my current living room is being divided up to a bedroom and a den/office. It currently has a hardwood floor, with a vapor barrier and some sort of...
13
13

composite lumber
mostly seems to be use for decking but how else can these be used is there a structural composite lumber for floor and ceiling joists is there a lot of dust or is it akin to cutting plastic does this...
4
4

Repairing Exterior Porch Columns...
ca 1914 farmhouse w/ open 7-ft deep porches width of house on north/west sides. Four turned wood columns on each; Dad replaced the bases which were originally just 2x12 w/ a 2X10 of SYP with a molded...
14
14

delta bandswas and iturra
no doubt this topic has come up here but have not seen a recent thread in my search i do not find a website for iturra design anyone know different
20
20

guide blocks and thrust bearings
anyone tried these out looks like a quality product Home to Superior Ceramic Guide Blocks Learn More What’s our secret? It’s the material. SpaceAge Ceramic Guideblocks®, Thrust Bearings, and...

Home Builder Guys, What Would You Do?
Not getting much traction on the web forums out there, so I figured I'd post here. Specs: 1978 Ranch, Middle TN, Stud Framed, Rotted Masonite Siding- Covered in Vinyl Due to moisture getting into...
6
6

woodworking and humor sometimes works
funny ad for woodwork and carpentry help http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/trd/5679325509.html http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/trd/5679325509.html
13
13

two motor and a sawstop
my first thought was why is he selling my guess is that he intended to cut panels but found out that it is not easy to do well and quickly with that setup but the 5hp motor is another matter maybe...
1
1

OT - This looks like a nice unique estate sale, south of Houston
I'd have fun looking around this place. I'd search for a possible Roycroft piece, hidden among the stash, somewhere. Sonny View information about this sale in Angleton, TX. The sale starts Saturday,...
14
14