Subject Author Posted Replies

Weaving loom bench
I've been asked to make this loom bench for a local weaving group, but I'm really skeptical about whether it will be strong enough for persons who are a little heavier. Any thoughts or advice about...
19
19

A proper "Tainer" for Festool!
Swingman, you and your SIL should make these for the knives he builds! In this video I am showing the process of making wooden box for my Festool folding knife and tell story of creation. But general...
3
3

Skil 825 saw
Anyone have a manual for a series 1 Skill 825 worm gear saw? a pdf or scan would be great. Series 1 has serial number starting with A or B and was made in 1956 or 57.
1
1

Woodwork in London, UK
Heading off to London, UK in the fall. Any places, etc. I should stop in see? I know about the Gibbons in Hampton Ct and St. Pauls. But what about furniture collections in the museums? VA, British...
3
3

Painting mahogany furniture
We have an older mahogany hutch that my wife wants to repurpose. Her visio n includes painting it. As distasteful as this notion is to me, I am keepi ng my mouth shut as domestic tranquility is...
2
2

Resawing On A Table Saw
For my bed project, I am one horizontal board short of what I need to complete the headboard. For this headboard I would like to add one more long horizontal board instead of butting 2 boards together...
19
19

Ebonizing/Blacking Out NEW Pine Floors
Hey! I'm a Great Dane owner and we are working our way to a moderately siz ed family. In a couple weeks, we will have the keys to our new 1994 home. It has carpet everywhere and baths have old...
6
6

shop talisman
i have more than one can be almost anything in the shop one of mine is a set of calipers from the 1800s with the fellas name inscribed on them there are others too not to sit and ponder their...
13
13

Wood Movement: Is this a typo?
Stolen without permission from: "A 36" wide top, made with flat sawn lumber, can move more than an inch with a 10% change in moisture content." That comment was included in the following paragraph:...
47
47

Spray Gun Recommendations, Please
My siphon/comventional feed spray guns, Craftsman and Campbell Hausfeld, ar e old and parts are no longer available. I need a new one or new ones. I' ve looked at these reviews, but I'm confused: I am...
1
1

Has anybody found any noise cancelling bluetooth headphones for the shop they can recommend?
I like to listen to NPR in the shop and right now I have some BT earplugs t hat I put under my headphones (the ones for noise) to listen to. This is O K, but after a couple of hours becomes...
16
16

Headboard Assembly Advice Requested
I'm moving along on my bed build and now need to assemble the headboard. I could really use some confidence building advice. The bed will be similar to this, but I'm sure that my headboard is being...
13
13

(Video): The Horrors of Working with Wood
A fella named Tony over at the Home Shop Machinist board made this video and I enjoyed it. I think you guys will too. Original Thread: of-Working-with-Wood Video: Puckdropper

Woodworking guys - wood furniture levelling shims?
Hey, guys, I have a question, if I may ... not being a son, dad never spent time in the shop with me (though I pestered him with questions even though he got impatient and begrudginly answeres ), so...
17
17

Miter thoughts?
I am soon going to embark on my next major project; namely, a pair of sofa tables. Each is about 9' long, 16" wide; top frame and apron will be 2 1/2 - 3" wide, 3/4+-" thick. Space between the frames...
6
6