Subject Author Posted Replies

wheels on stand
I have a metal work stand, 18" x 20". I want to put my chop saw on it. Can someone suggest how to put caster wheels on it. The bottom of the legs have about a 1" hole in them. Patt
4
4

Craftsman Radial Arm Saw
Does anyone know where I can get the router and drill attachment for my old Craftsman 10 Inch Accra-Arm Radial Saw?
7
7

FA: Delta Tenoning Jig and Grizzly Mortising Machine Mesa, AZ
.99 no reserve auction Delta Tenoning Jig and Grizzly Benchtop Mortising Machine Local Pickup Only...
2
2

Have you ever seen dust collection bag holders sold separately?
I'm talking about the metal ring that holds the plastic bag on the bottom, the cloth bag on the top and the inlet pipe in the middle. Any of the units I've seen come with a blower attached to a...
4
4

not so confused anymore
I am the original poster. As suggested, I went back to my table saw which is an old 10 inch Craftsman, on the order of about 30 years old. The rip fence is a sheet-metal affair with a "T"casting...

resawing solved
Thanks to those who responded to my resawing problem. I changed the blade to 1/2 4TPI (I had it in the shop the whole time) tensioned it up good, reset the guides and resawed a 4 inch piece of white...
1
1

vibration on a lathe
i have a 14" jet lathe with cast iron legs and i mounted the legs in 8" of concrete and on 6" and above peices i get vibation. this happens mostly when hollowing a bowl. does anyone have a solution?...
3
3

vibration
i have a jet 14" lathe with cast iron legs. i mounted the legs in 8" of concrete and it vibrates when hollowing out bowls. any comments?
2
2

VERY Old Delta Jointer
I have an old Delta jointer with no apparent model number (parts are numbered NJ255, NJ227=fence, NJ203=table). Any clue as to source of replacement belt? I presume there is some modern substitute....
4
4

Uneven wear on jointer blades
I just changed my 6" jointer blades. One was badly worn, one a little worn, one looked like new. Is there any possible explanation for this other than the obvious? (geez, it seemed to work okay...) Do...
23
23

Starting my first REAL furniture project...
this weekend. Finally got enough tools to do a fairly simple job....I think. Router, Miter Saw, lots of clamps, saw horses I made last weekend, workbench I made the weekend before, bisquit joiner,...
16
16

10 yr old boy wants to learn woodcarving from anyone who can instruct
He's pretty handy with knife. Has caught rabbits, skinned them, gave to Mother to cook. She threw the skinned rabbits out and suggested he do something else with his boyscout hunting knife. Hence, the...
4
4

Need a Boat?
I came across this and thought I would share. I kind of feel a little JOATish :| Bronkalla_home
21
21

Caulk for fireplace surround
I'm getting ready to build a fireplace surround to cover a brick floor to ceiling fireplace. There are some places where 1x4 will be edge butted vertically against the brick. The 1x4 is true on the...
4
4

How could I have done the curved edging on this book case better
I recently completed a bookcase made out of birch and stained with cherry to match some existing furniture in one of my daughter's rooms at her house. I got a lot of help from this group on how to...
5
5