Subject Author Posted Replies

Re Drywall skim Why is a skim put onto drywal
The skim coat makes the 'rock the same porosity as the mudded areas. this prevents the mudded areas from "photgraphing" though when the surface is primed and painted
1
1

Noob - Cut too much off miter cut for base trim - options?
I have been collecting woodworking equipment for various projects but the current mission style double bay bookcase is my first real woodworking project from scratch. I took some Wood mag plans and...
6
6

Hand planer...
Any advice on an affordable option in hand planes. Links would be appreciated. How many and what sizes are recommended? Thanks! Peter
23
23

Glue question...
silly question I'm sure. What do you guys use to apply wood glue. That is, is there a better choice for brushes or rollers? I've got a bunch of old paint brushes, will they do? Also, i would assume...
16
16

Interesting way to build an expanding table.
Check out the videos here I'm sure the magic is all in the mechanism, not the woodworking itself, but it's still kind of neat. Considering it's designed for mega-yachts, I'm sure it comes with a...
9
9

TS-Aligner Jr Lite with the TS3650 TS, and unsquare squares
Folks, Thought I'd report on this combo. Having two kids in college I bought the cheapest aligner (TS-Aligner Jr Lite - what a name!) from Ed to adjust my newish Rigid TS3650. The TS book claimed a...
2
2

That time again.... almost OT
G'day boys and girls It has been a long time since I last had the time to wander through the "wreck" Good to see that it is still alive and willing to caress you - or rip your head off and shove it...
7
7

*** Mini-FAQ for rec.woodworking # 154 - For want of somebody else posting this
* Welcome to rec.woodworking, known locally as the wreck * This is an informal group with users of all levels of knowledge, from those who have yet to pick up a tool, professional woodworkers, authors...

Rough Cutting for project
Hiya Folks, I'm about to start a new project that requires a number of spindles. These spindles should be 7/8" diameter at the largest points when completed. Now I'm not much of a turner so haven't...
2
2

Amazing expanding circular table
Check out these tables, amazing. "It is a circular table which, when rotated at its outer perimeter, doubles its seating capacity, yet astonishingly remains truly circular."
14
14

INSPIRATION - Toad Stool
am, therefore I think. 100% satisfaction guaranteed on every domain we sell. 30-day, no questions asked, money-back guarantee. Easy, fast and convenient shopping.

DeWalt 710 RAS fixer upper question
Recently picked up an old radial arm saw and need a bit of advice Manual available here site over all) the arbor is missing the two spacer washers The ones I am referring to the pair shown on the...
2
2

Tablesaw blade trunnion adjustment question
Excuse me if this is a repost of my request. I tried to post it previously and it did not show up in my sent folder, so I posted it again. I have a Grizzly G0444Z TS. The back of my blade when I rip a...
15
15

Tablesaw blade/trunnion adjustment question
I have a Grizzly G0444Z TS. The back of my blade when I rip a board is almost a quarter of an inch closer to the fence than the front of my blade and causes gunk to build up on the right side of the...
15
15

Old house, x-large register vents...
So I am rehabbing this house (built approx 1930), doing the finishing trim now. I go to put the store bought register vents in the front room, and the original vent "holes" are 3 1/4" out from the...
6
6