Subject Author Posted Replies

Prepping MDF Edge for Painting
I'm trying to prepare the edge of MDF for primer and painting. I've taken the advice from this group and used Glue Size and put a coat of Drywall Compound on. How do I know when I am done? I put two...
2
2

FS: Fine Homebuilding and Other Magazines
Hi, Too many magazines & need to make room......... (1) Fine Homebuilding #s 121-177 (except #s 127 & 153 ... couldn't find them). Covers March 1999 to March 2006. 54 in total for $100 + shipping from...
1
1

The new Festool Domino
FWW has a short clip demo-ing the new domino. Supposedly it cuts compound mortises for loose tennon joinery.
6
6

Model car dislpay case
I posted pictures of my recently finished display case on a.b.p.w. Please have a look.

Turned handles
I am making a hand tool for custom knife making that'll need a nice hardwood handle with metal ferrule. Unfortunately I don't have a lathe to turn the handle myself. Is there any wood turners in San...
2
2

OT: stinking bathroom
When I purchased the house the owner had air freshener to block out the odor from the downstairs 1/2 bathroom (sink and toilet). After removing the air freshener I could smell the stink so I preceded...
14
14

Advice on drill press
Since becoming more involved with woodworking, I find the need to upgrade from my table top drill press to a floor model. Upon doing some minor research, I lack a bit of knowledge as to what main...
12
12

Looking for Indy Woodcrafter
I am looking for an Indianapolis-based woodcrafter to assist me in the construction of a new solid body electric guitar. I envision a prototype(s) model initially from plywood and then a Alder...

CRAFTSMAN BATTERY REPLACEMENT
I have one of the Craftsman Pro LIne of drills and the batteries are soft. Our local Sears Hardware wants $86 for a replacement battery. Touring Home Depot I see Ryobi 18 volt batteries that look...
4
4

table saw insert
I have the Bosch 4000 t/s. If anyone has made a zero tolerance insert, how did you duplicate the little tabs on the under side, like the factory insert. What material did you use? Patt
2
2

Lathe Safty
A while back some one asked if those clear plastic face shields work. I found the answer today, YES. My wife got me a set of bowl turning chisels for Christmas (why I have them now is another story)....
18
18

dewalt dw703 10 inch miter saw $149 at lowes
The local lowes has dewalt dw 703 10 inch miter saw on sell for 149.00. If you spend over $50 you also get a $10.00 coupon on your next purchase. So in reality the saw only cost you $139.00. That is a...
1
1

Wooden shoulder vise screw
I am working on a Frank Klausz style workbench with a tail vise and shoulder vise. However I have a wooden vise screw for each and I do not know how I should connect the shoulder vise face to the vise...
3
3

Need advice on wood to use for baseboard
I need some advice on which wood type to use for our baseboards. I am going to stain the baseboard. I don't want to use pine because pine is too soft and does not stain evenly. I don't want to use oak...
21
21

Santa's Dilemma
Santa's' Dilemma In a shop in a basement Or maybe outside Or maybe the place where the cars used to hide Perhaps in a spare room Perhaps in a shed Saint Nicholas toils and scratches his head He...
5
5