Subject Author Posted Replies

Tool Chest follow up
A few weeks ago I mentioned that I gave my son a 30" Milwaukee tool chest and was so impressed that I ordered the 46" version for myself. As luck would have it and after waiting for the day that it...
3
3

Brace or not to Brace?
So I picked up an old brace drill with intent to restore and use occasionally. Only marking I can find is the top ball has "diehl" imprinted on it. Seems intact, unbroken and functions well except for...
12
12

SPAX Multi-Material Screws vs. Standard Wood Screws
I was in HD yesterday looking for #8 wood screws in 2.5" or 3" lengths. They did not carry those lengths in anything other than the "2 packs" ($1.18 ea) so the clerk suggested these: I should note...
18
18

Priming and Painting T1-11
The east exterior side of my garage is sided with T1-11 and after, at least , 11 yrs, some of the paint is cracking and flaking. My original primer wa s oiled based and painted with Sears Weather...
6
6

laguna demo table saws
seems like good deal on a nice saw Tablesaw Dovetail 10" 4Hp 220V/1ph $1840

OK, So How Do You Actually Test A Bunch Of Different Finishes?
Watco Danish Oil, Linseed Oil, Tung Oil Clear Varnish Clear Varnish with a tint Oil Based Lacquer Sanding Sealer or No Sanding Sealer Gel Stain of various colors All great suggestions, none of which I...
3
3

Cutting dadoes: How much better is an upcut spiral routing bit?
I need to cut some dadoes and I'm wondering if it's really worth the expense to buy an upcut spiral routing bit? Does it bring that much more joy over a standard router bit? Thanks, Mike
18
18

TOTALLY OT Funny Weather Report
Weather 1, Reporter Zero This reporter was probably telling viewers to stay in doors and do not get out in the hurricane winds. http://www.timetobreak.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/giphy-44.gif
9
9

Apparently I was published.
Country Style Pantry - Woodworking | Blog | Videos | Plans | How To
28
28

Gel Stain and Final Finish(?) for Rustic Bed - Ideas Needed
I hope to be ready by this weekend to start applying finish to the rustic bed I'm building for my daughter. Mostly quarter-sawn Douglas fir. This is the first dry fit: I think I want to use a gel...
29
29

Mortising and tenoning doors and windows
Well, I was all set to drop the hammer on the XL 700 and Woodcraft doesn't have any. Always something.
123
123

Dovetail log house
Sonny, I have to say I just love your shop. To be a kid and hanging out there with all the stuff around, and even as an adult wondering just what kind of treasures lurk in the dark corners or covered...
14
14

How To Repair A Melamine(?) Dresser Top
Re: 60s era dresser with a melamine-type top, or a formica-type top, which is damaged by hand sanding. The owner (unknowing DIYer) stripped and sanded (prepped) the lower woodwor k, for refinishing,...
11
11

Popping the grain w/Waterlox
"An amazing 3D hardwood floor inlay design. Zsolt Paul Golenya of Lighthouse Laser Arts has developed a way to produce truly 3D inlay designs. Traditional marquetry is combined with carvings and...

Rust removal / next generation taser
li-ion battery for the hand held version? Would make a hella defensive weapon! High power laser cleaning for rust removal, paint removal, heavy contamination... with the P-Laser QF-1000. P-Laser...
16
16