Subject Author Posted Replies

Leigh Dovetail Jig Follow Up and New Question
Ok. The chatter I was referring to was the result of a loose guide bushing. It unloosened itself and I didn't notice until later. Question2: When routing the tails, in scrap cherry, I am getting chip...
11
11

Help matching stain with existing cabinets
I am attempting to match up a custom built curved oak wall of an island to Kraftsmaid cabinets (wood = cherry). Cabinets are stained color "Peppercorn". My contractor stained the custom built wall...
2
2

help needed matching cabinet stain to wall stain
I am attempting to match up a custom built curved oak wall of an island to Kraftsmaid cabinets (wood = cherry). Cabinets are stained color "Peppercorn". My contractor stained the custom built wall...
3
3

Bad thoughts....are good?
I've been doing a bunch of work on the shaper and every now and again I get this visual of my fingers being mauled by the cutterhead. It actually made me shudder a few days ago. Now I have been sort...
8
8

Pricing first job
We built and installed pillars (see for a friend of mine. Now we have been asked to make and install similar pillars for a not so close friend and they are willing to pay us to make them. The question...
6
6

Where to find Powermatic 64 bearings?
Is there a place online or other to find parts for a Powermatic 64? Specifically an arbor and bearings? I looked on the Powermatic site and it came up empty when entering the part numbers (identified...
3
3

Ply beadboard warping issue
I'm using the GP beadboard and like all thinner plywood, it has developed a curvature to it after I ripped it. I can fit it against the wall and appears to flatten out. Note: I had to stop my project...
3
3

Kitchen Cabinet Supplier
Anyone know where I should go to find someone who will make decent cabinets for fairly cheap? I want an upgrade from the home depot preassembled one's, but I'd rather pay a fella locally to build...
8
8

Beware of a nightmare cabinet company
All, beware of a cabinet company called Gourmet Kitchens Design based out of Sacramento, CA and has an office in Danville, ca. The owner Rick is a crook, who writes bad checks. He is untrustworthy and...
4
4

Help: cherry sphere needs balancing
Hi all, I'm working on a piece of sculpture based on a floor globe. I built a 22.5 inch diameter hollow cherry sphere and carved in the oceans, leaving the major land masses in relief. After carving...
7
7

Bought the Rikon 14" Delux BandSaw
Nice price at WoodCraft ($750). Looked at the Powermatic and the Delta as well. Powermatic was $800 after rebate. Still would have had to buy the height attachment for either the P-matic or the Delta...
13
13

Delta Planer Questions
SWMBO was very nice and bought me a Delta 22-580 planer for Christmas. She knew that I had been talking about buying a planer, so she did some research on her own and thought that model would work for...
9
9

FS: Delta DC in Knoxville
For Sale: Delta 50-665 2-stage dust collector with dust bag. 1.5 HP fits on 35 or 50 gallon drum (not included). I paid $500. Works great, but I moved into a shop with a central DC. Will take $300 or...

New Jointer!!!
Went to the big tool store to have a look-see today. I've been wanting to upgrade the jointer and am really interested in a drum sander. Anyway, I've done some research, and had a good idea what I'm...
5
5

Adjustable shelves
What's the best way to mount adjustable shelves inside a wood cabinet? The shelves were made from 3/4" birch plywood. I was going to drill holes for shelf pins, with a jig made from peg board. These...
14
14