Subject Author Posted Replies

This pocket hole jig any good?
I am about to buy a pocket hole jig for occasional use, and have looked at the Kreg kits, and saw this one, and wondered if anyone has experience with it? what are the feelings between the 45 deg. and...
14
14

Akeda Jig - what's up
I've always thought the Akeda dust collection feature was nice but nobody ever mentions it on rec.woodworking. Is this because it doesn't work or nobody cares? Just wondering....
13
13

Why didn't my spruce glue?!?!
I glued up a panel of spruce using TBIII. It has been stored inside for 20 years (the first 18 as part of a neighbor's staircase) so it is dry. When I trimmed the ends, the pieces fell apart. That has...
16
16

Drawers without slides
I've posted a couple of other questions here and have received some very good advice during the process of building some built in shelves. The bottom section has 10 drawers that will be about 8.5"...
11
11

Wood Identification Resource Site
Though the url for this site has been posted before, it's worth posting again. If you've got a chunk of wood and want to find out what it is - THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO START! of color photos, often...
2
2

dovetail jig question
Hi guys, I need some advice/help here, I have just bought a dovetail jig ( I have never used one before) and I need to know: if you cut the left hand side of a draw and the back piece on the left hand...
5
5

tech info
Hi, I need a little bit of info about the wire sizing for upgrading a 10 hp motor to a 15 hp motor. The present system uses a 30 amp protective circuit. The 15 hp motor is rated @ 23.7 max amp. The...
3
3

What is it? CLII
A new set has just been posted: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
12
12

Canadian online store for quality wood finishing products / Tutor
I am trying to locate an online store based in Canada, an online store that would ship to Canada, or local store around the Hamilton, Ontario Area that sells high end, quality wood staining and...

New shop
OK, so I had to appease the missus and let her have someplace to park the van. I don't have a pic of the completed version, but here are a couple of links to give you an idea. Google SketchUp file: of...
7
7

What makes wood "curly"?
I know what curly figure looks like. I'm asking what puts it there.
16
16

Jasper Circle Cutting Jigs
These are good jigs. However, when you use the small one on circles smaller than a couple inches, be sure you push the pivot pin down far enough so that the collet of the router doesn't hit it when...

Antique Mortise & Tenon Joint Question
I am in the process of refinishing a small mahogany dropleaf table that has been in my wife's family since before the Civil War. My father-in-law had it refinished in 1929 and it has seen some very...
34
34

jointer verse hand planes
I am debating between buying a power jointer or a hand plane. If you guys have any pros and cons on this please enlighten me. Do hand planes work as well as a jointer. Will I still need to sand after...
17
17

Polyurethane
Working on a paint job on my Formica counter top (primer, granite spray paint, and polyurethane finish). This is the first time I've used Polyurethane and I'm getting different directions from...
24
24