Subject Author Posted Replies

RE: Will Miricles Never Cease
The local PBS station that runs NYW has been begging almost every available minute for the last month. Last Saturday they ran a NYW episode covering router basics. Today is was the gilded mirror which...
2
2

FMT - bad guide?
I purchased a FMT from Leigh a few months back - I've been happily making joints with it since I got it. Very easy to use, and a snap to get correctly sized moritises and tennons. Usually. Today, I...
5
5

Small antique woodworking tool collection for sale
Hi, if anyone is interested i am selling my small antique tool collection, mostly planes, small levels/rules, stanley mitre box. Store photos and docs online. Access them from any PC, Mac or phone....
2
2

Penetrol rust prevention
What post? My news service dropped many posts this week, so I have many incomplete threads. It was up and down for days. If I read it, would I have asked?
15
15

GMC scroll saw
I have a chance to by a 16" GMC (Global Machine Company) scroll saw for $40US. I'm just getting into woodworking (already have a nice Delta TS), is this going to be decent enough for basic work until...
2
2

Child car bed ideas ?
My son, soon to be 2 years old, needs a bed. I looked at Toys R us and similar companies for ideas. Unfortunately, the room is not big and Little tikes, although having interesting features doesn't...
3
3

Exterior Door Engineering
I've been making quite a few exterior doors recently and am wondering about the design and its ability to weather the elements over time. On three different jobs the owner has wanted frame and panel...
4
4

Have gloss finish but want satin - best process??
I've completed my mission style coffee table and am very happy with the results. My last remaining step is to get the gloss finish to become satin. (the finish is about 10 light wipe on coats of...
10
10

my new infill what do you think?
here is a link to it. it is a brass and steel pocket infill. the sides are 1/8" brass and the sole 1/4" steel. the wood is African Blackwood. it's not perfect but it works great and the iron is bedded...
3
3

FS: Jet JWL1236 Woodturning Lathe (New in Box!) - $200
Greetings woodworking mavens. Just posted this on craigslist. SoCal wooddorker's only. Best, O'Deen Reply to: Date: 2007-01-12, 9:03PM PST This is a Jet 1236 variable-speed lathe, purchased circa...

columbus show
Has anyone went to the Columbus show yet? Is their very many venders? Can you find good deals? I have never been to the show and wondered if it was worth my trip over tomorrow or Sunday.
7
7

A more advanced "rec.woodworking"
54
84
84

TIP. . .wet sanding
####################################### Whenever our stainless steel cooking pots get a charred spot that won't come off with scouring powder, I use 600 wet/dry sandpaper. Shines like new.
6
6

Propane heater question
I have been in houses under construction where the space was heated by a propane torpedo type heater (salamander). Generally, there is an unpleasant odor associated with these. Question is ....is the...
21
21

Groz box lid finish?
Does anyone participating here have an idea what process Groz uses to finish their box lids? I've noticed the boxes in which various Groz tools come. The sides are kind of so-so and the bottom seems...
3
3